- 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Start from the beginning

JJ laid across the couch, Kaz resting on his chest, the baby slowly wrapping his fingers around everything he could see. It was becoming a slow habit, sucking on everything, grasping all sorts of things. Growing from newborn to a month old, Kaz was only getting more curious. And, as he started to get more movement in him, he was stealing every single thing he could get in his balled fist, driving his parents insane.

"So it didn't go down off Bemuda," said JJ, voice going high as he tried to get Kaz to let go of his nose.

"And it was a Limbrey stealing shit again," added Kie.

Kaci sat beside her on the small chair, inhaling a small puff of JJʼs vape. "Cunts," she muttered, and John B nodded towards her. "I swear, if I got my hands on that bitch, she'd end up flying to planet Saturn, just, like, spinning on the floaty ring thing."

JJ turned to her with a chuckle, John B nodded, Kie shook her head and Pope sighed. Kaci tossed the vape back to the blonde boy and took a sip of her beer.

"This diary proves that both the gold and the Cross of Santo Domingo were on the Royal Merchant," Pope stated, bringing his friends to the actual point.

"Why didn't we find it in the well then?" asked JJ. He held his vape in the air, careful to keep it out of Kazʼs reach. Pope looked up at him and he twisted his body around to sit up, adjusting Kaz onto his lap. "I mean, if Denmark was able to get this, like, bedazzled cross off of the Merchant to shore, why didn't he just hide it with the gold?"

"Because it was too big," answered Pope.

"Like Kaz," said Kaci, giggling at her own words.

John B pointed to her. "I fucking love her like this. We should get her drugged up more."

JJ chuckled, staring at her with a bright smile.

"You're right," said Pope, spinning his friends back into the conversation. "He had to hide it someplace else."

"But where?" asked Kie.

"Right before he was hung, Denmark said he buried the treasure at the foot of the angel."

"Wait." JJ shook his head. "I thought this was about the key."

"Right." Kie nodded. "So what's the connection?"

"Your mom," snickered Kaci.

JJ and John B were the only ones that laughed.

"Dude, you need to slow down — you actually have to be able to walk to the bonfire," Kie told her, slowly taking away the girlʼs can.

"ʼThe path to the tomb begins in the island roomʼ," Pope recited, holding up the key in his hands.

Kie rolled her head back in exhaustion. "But what is the island room?"

"You know what helps me figure shit out?" said JJ, jumping up from his seat with excitement.

"Oh, boy. Here we go."

Kaci nodded. "Smoking beers and drinking weed."

JJ snapped his fingers at her. "Right answer, Princess." Nobody bothered to correct the couple, but Kie opened up her arms, wanting a cuddle from Kaz, who instantly took a handful of her hair and yanked it. "The ideas pour out of me. If we just sit here and try to figure this out, we're gonna get nowhere. But if we get creative and go to this bonfire tonight, maybe we get somewhere."