- 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

And he literally wouldn't let go of her, either. No matter how much she tried to wiggle away in the night, he always ended up pulling her back to the side. JJ liked to be beside her, it helped settle his mind. It gave him some assurance that she was safe. So long as Kaci was by his side, she was safe.

Kaci liked it, too. She just didn't like the sweat.

"Why are you still awake?" he groaned, voice raspy, as he rolled over next to her. "It's, like, late."

"It's early, dipshit," she corrected, switching her phone off. "Kieʼs getting dressed for school now, you're leaving in ten."

He opened his eyes, staring back at her in alarm, and let out a long groan. "We shouldn't have drunk last night."

"I didn't," she reminded him, tapping his bare, hard shoulders. "That was all you and JB."

He sighed again, rolling back over to the other side. "Can't we get Kaz into a doctorʼs appointment or somethin'? Get him to break his leg?"

Kaci sat up, staring at him in disbelief. "JJ, we're not getting our son to break his leg."

"Right." The blonde nodded, shifting his eyes to meet hers. "Can you break mine, then?"

With a tired huff, the girl suddenly pushed him off the bed, causing him to fall onto the ground with a slam.

"ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUS? AGAIN? IT'S DAYTIME!"

Kaci leaned over the edge of the bed, seeing him on the floor with a smirk, and the two burst out laughing. He grabbed her by the hand and pulled her down with him, her body landing ontop of his.

"Seriously," said Kaci, leaning down to peck his lips, "get your ass to school, you're already missing enough braincells as it is."

He smirked, pushing his head up in attempt to deepen this kiss, but the girl only pulled away with a grin. "Thanks, Princess."

A knock came from the door. "JJ, geometry test in thirty minutes, let's go," said Pope, not daring to walk in.

"I gave Kaz his breakfast bottle, too, so you can sleep in, Kaci!" Kie called out from the living room.

JJ groaned again, dramatically slamming his head against the floor. "I can't go, guys. I'm dead."

Shaking her head, Kaci stood up, trying to pull him with her, but he stubbornly stayed on the ground. "Get up, dickhead."

He finally stood up, pulling on a dirty pair of sweatpants. "I'll put my dick on your head," he muttered, and Kaci sent him a look of both confusion and disbelief.

However, finally, with a lot of complaints from JJ and John B, the boys set off on their way to school. Kie stayed back for a couple of minutes with Kaci, helping her tidy up the mess the boys left over last night.

"What are you planning on doing today?" asked Kie.

Kaci shrugged. "Sarah said that Top'll let me over there," she said, rubbing her eyes tiredly. "But I dunno. I might take Kaz to a park or something."

Kie nodded. "Regular mom stuff," she commented. "I'm impressed."

Kaci shook her head.