Chapter nine

I looked over at Abe as he walked over to the body, He seemed to still be investigating it and trying to learn some new information that would help us in the long run of this whole murder. To me it felt like a big game of 'who did it.' like everyone would start pointing fingers at other people and everything that started out as a regular poker night would unravel into a series of events that would cause problems in the future.

I walked over to Abe and just watched as he mumbled stuff to himself and then pulled out a journal writing something down and then going back to mumbling stuff and repeating. I didn't say anything as I let the detective work. I honestly wonder why Mark invited Abe here in the first place. Maybe him and Mark became friends after everyone split apart? It probably is just history to Abe but to me, it was a challenge. To figure out how the two became friends and find the main reason why Mark invited the detective here.

Abe seemed to finally stop mumbling to himself and placed his leather journal to the side. He looked up at me, "Now I guess you kinda want the biopsy report for the body?" He asked, hitting straight to the point.

I nodded, " I mean it would be very much helpful." I said, shrugging my shoulders as he sighed. "Jeez..you really are like how Mark described you.." He muttered to himself thinking I wouldn't hear him. Now my interest has peaked.

"Excuse me? How did he describe me?"

Abe tensed slightly at my question not expecting me to pester him about his comment. He looked back down at Mark's body. "That's private information. And even if I wanted to tell you I don't think Mark would have wanted me to..it was his choice to tell me and if wanted to he would have told you how he thought of you." Abe said going on a tangent as he sighed.

I rolled my eyes, "That actor prick barely told us anything." I grumbled annoyed at Abe's response.

Abe looked at me with an annoyed expression. "I mean yeah, you literally sided with his cheating wives." he said with much annoyance. I was taken aback...is he really bringing Phantom and Celine into this conversation? I glared at him.

"And you're supporting a manipulative, snake-like actor who's reputation and job will crash and burn above him sooner or later." I said with venom in my voice as I was growing much more agitated with Abe.

Abe grumbled some curse words at me. He just ignored my words. "sure..Mark isn't a snake, he is a kind person who makes mistakes at some points." He said, sighing.

"Sure, and I'm british." I replied.

"..aren't you?" Abe replied with actual surprise at my words. I looked at him with confusion and a bit of humor in my gaze.

"You actually thought I was british? No, I'm Y/nn." I said with a hint of laughter in my voice. Abe hummed. "Then I guess your accent to me just sounded british." he shrugged.

I laughed, "That's because I was born in England, but my ancestry and actual nationality is Y/nn." I said humoring the male. Abe sighed, "you honestly could have just started with that." He said, rolling his eyes.

I just continued to chuckle, "sorry sorry, you were having a bit of a hissy fit when I just asked you what Mark thought of me so I didn't think you would want to know my nationality." I shrugged with a smile on my lips.

Abe just sighed, I chuckled. I felt a presence around me, the presence of a demon and a powerful one maybe but I shook it off. I kneeled down and looked at Mark's body. A small smirk was plastered on my lips now as I let myself be enveloped in my thoughts. This was going to be very entertaining..

My dear you really don't know how far you've fallen into the rabbit hole do you?