PT 10 - Little Pup

A/N: this chapter’s super short today. I'm still trying to get out of my rut and back to doing what I love. But I promise the next chapter will be a lot longer. If it makes it any better, this chapter is jam-packed with soft Roxy moments ^-^

-

Back In Roxy's room

The air around you was silent, though the quiet’s prior uneasiness had faded at this point, especially as the bot behind you grew more focused. You watched through her vanity mirror as her hands almost expertly groomed and messed with your hair, an interaction that was rather uncommon for you. You don't think you've ever had someone touch your hair, let alone put it up before.

Yet somehow it was rather relaxing, even with the bits of pain here and there and the spikes of anxiety when you felt that she might snap and hurt you. However, she never did. In fact the only bits of anger shown were small huffs of frustration when your hair didn't fall where it needed to be. Though it didn't seem to be directed at you specifically.

Despite what it might look like, she wasn't too focused on the task at hand. The ability to do hair came to her subconsciously, to the point she could do it with her eyes closed. Instead, her mind became distracted by thoughts of guilt as she thought over her previous actions. No longer blinded by anger or frustration she noticed just how terrified she had made you, especially as you flinched and pulled away anytime she made too quick of a movement. She had been so stupid. She had failed so horribly. She had let that thing trick her into scaring a kid- an innocent kid! So stupid so stupid-

Her movements paused, her eyes blinking back to reality as she realized she had finished. She carefully laid down the brush in her hand back on the vanity before taking a good look at her work. It had to be perfect after all. Anything less and she'd have to start over. However, thanks to her obviously amazing ability and what she mostly thanked as luck it had turned out rather well! To be fair it was a simple hair-do as it was just the top part of your hair pulled into a ponytail, but to be fair the many, many knots that had formed in your hair had made the process just that much longer. If she had the authority she would have just cut it, but seeing as she had no idea where you came from or where your parents were, she decided it was best to just work with it. And hey! The tiny ponytail fit you!

"There, a lot better. It looks cute on you!" she exclaimed maybe a bit too excitedly, though she often found it hard to contain her excitement when she felt she'd done a good job. It didn't happen very often.

Upon receiving the compliment a few emotions frll onto your face, the most prominent ones being confusion, shock, and uncertainty. She didn't have much time to respond to the strange reaction when you slowly turned your body around, your eyes looking up at her like she'd spoken a different language.

"Really?" your voice asked, a frail pleading hidden behind the disbelief of your tone. She was rather confused by the reaction at first, but as she slowly began to recognize the meaning of it she felt something akin to a dagger stab into her mechanical heart, her ears falling as she understood the familiar behavior.

'Oh you sweet little pup' She thought before she noticed the prolonged silence and snapped herself out of it, quickly adjusting her ears back before forcing a smile.

"Of course! Lying's for losers! Why would I lie about that!" she doubled down, trying to maintain her excitement to show her sincerity. Your eyes shined with a brighter light before a small smile soon grew on your face. It was soft, and almost scared to show, but upon noticing it her own smile was easier to hold, a sense of pride filling her chest that you now seemed no longer scared of her. Another short silence lasted which, surprisingly, you were the one to break.