Part 2

A high pitched scream ripped through the house the third time that night, Harvey lifted his head peering up from his bed at the small long haired girl walking into the master bedroom, crying "daddy!" moments later she was pulled up onto the bed, quiet descended once again.

His sleep had been disturbed many times since coming to live with the humans, the open field was once his home filled with brothers and sisters, then one day the humans came and took him into a strange home, he had been there ever since.

Now there was the short man who spent hours sat on the floor repeating "sit" and "beg" in the end he gave up, yes I'm stubborn they can't tell me what to do and then there's the tall, long haired women, she's kind giving me food when I'm not meant to eat to much, then there's the long haired girl seven years old much older then me, she plays ball with me in the garden a lot, she's almost as tall as the man and the last one is the smallest girl long dark wavy hair, three years of age, bags of energy, running around screaming most of the time, again disturbing my sleep as usual.

One more thing, the ball shaped thing growing in the tall woman's tummy apparently it's another little human but looks can be deceiving, please, please be a new football!.

Finn steered the fresh cup of tea for the numerous time that day, Rae wanted tea surprisingly that was one of the things she had craved throughout there second child's pregnancies and it turned out the first was the same and now third, all a steaming hot cup of tea two sugars and lots of milk.

counting down the days till the third child was ready to arrive Finn had wished for a boy, could you blame him he was outnumbered, even the dog was on the girls side always preferring to be next to Rae or the girls but it seemed all they could ever have was girls, maybe next time it would be a boy.

He looked at the last few boxes scattered around there new home, bigger than the last house, four bedrooms for each of his daughters to have there own space, more room for the new baby, Tally there three year had insisted the baby should be called carrot, when they asked why she replied with "because i don't like them either" but in the end it was decided she would be named Abby.

He remembered their wedding day like it was yesterday, or six months ago, his girl dressed in a white beautiful gown sporting a small bump and a pair of black converses, she was slightly out shined by his other two girls (she didn't care it was perfect), running down the ail around Rae and straight to Finn latching on to his legs, his ever suffering two best men grabbed the girls away from Finn with promises of chocolate and icecream, the emotional "i do's" were over with, drinking and having fun was next, toasting to there marriage and a happily ever after

Okay so he was wrong it definitely was not a new football!, it was another little human wrapped up in a pink blanket in the tall ladies arms.

"Harvey come here" the tall lady asked. 

He jumped on the sofa next to her sticking his nose in the blanket sniffing the new little human, it had a look of the short man.

"Harvey down come on" Finn pulled him by the collar off the sofa.

"he was fine Finn i asked him to".

"don't care Rae, he could of hurt you or Abby jumping up like that".

"shut up, leave him alone he's a big teddy bear really wouldn't hurt a fly" Harvey wandered back into the lounge with muddy paws and an old looking toy in his mouth.

"where the hell did he get that?" Rae asked, Finn went out into the small garden returning moments later.

"big hole in the garden dug it up the idiot, ill fill it in later before the girls get back from your mum's" walking back out into the garden he began kicking the soil with his boots, suddenly Harvey appeared next to him nugging his, when that didn't move him he ran straight into hi legs making Finn tumble to the floor, he was abouts to shout so unfriendly things at the dog when he heard Rae scream his name, he ran into the house some how Harvey had got there first just sat on the floor next to Rae sniffing her belly.

"is she coming?" he had to ask even though he was pretty sure Rae would of punched him one if she wasn't giving birth.

"obviously dimwit just get the bag!".

"right come on" helping Rae through the door he chucked a bone behind him for the dog.

That was there first ever childbirth at the layby on the motorway,luckily it had a callbox a few yards away, the baby was bundled in blankets from the boot of the car, Rae was happy it was over, only god knows how she breathed through the pain and Finn well he was sure as hell his hand might be broken.

Yet again another scream ripped through the house but this time three girls came barreling into the launching themselves onto the bed hurting various parts of the parents, there second anniversary came round again, cards were placed in front of them and some slightly dead daisy were pushed into Rae's hand, Rae passed Finn a card, when he had open it he shouted with joy, the thought that he had finally got one of his many wishes come true, a son on the way, nobody moved that morning all snuggled in bed together, one big happy Nelson family.