~The Path You Took Before~

Start from the beginning

"Because-"

Thomas stopped himself. Newt crossed his arms waiting for Thomas to go on.

"Because..." Thomas started again. Newt raised his eyebrows, angry but curious.

"I love her too..." Thomas blushed. It was a lot more embarrassing admitting it out loud.

"Well I guess you two will have to call a truce then, see who she decides she likes better, huh?" Minho barged in, glaring at the two boys to settle down. Especially since one was the acting leader at the moment.

Thomas and Newt muttered a quiet "mhm". But Newt was not letting Thomas near you until he had to. Thomas wasn't a keeper, he wasn't in charge. Newt could keep him away right until you were completely better.

They all turned back to your peaceful face. Laying there, how could you do this to them?

゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚

The med-jacks assessed you while you were asleep. You were severely dehydrated, and malnourished.

Severely dehydrated came with the fact that you had to drink puddles off the maze floor and after those dried up you had nothing left. After the second night those were gone anyways. Now usually the average person can't survive 3 days without water, but Wicked had made you anything but average. You were calculative and learned how to ration fast.

You worked with your small little water bottle after all the puddles had dried up, another pocket necessity in the Glade. Even filled it up with puddle water. After the 6th night you were out of water completely.

There was no food so you looked almost emaciated not having eaten in 8 days and running from Grievers all the time. The horrors you saw...

Everyone was worried after the relief that you were back starting sparking realization. The med-jacks could only do so much. Everyone held their breath waiting for you to wake up. Just like the night they had found you on the grass.

゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚゚*☆*゚

In the morning, a meeting was held. Even though you were still asleep, the Keepers decided it might be for the better.

"She broke the rules, Newt! And frankly, so did Thomas!" Gally argued.

"She was out there for a week! And she's not dead yet? I say we make her a Runner." Minho stated.

"Calm down, calm down ya shanks." Newt stepped in. "Gally, what do you propose as punishment?"

"3 nights in the pit, no food, no water."

One of the Med-jacks cut in, "Y/N wouldn't be able to survive that, we need to give her food and water."

"Okay, no, 1 night for both of them, with food and water for Y/N." Newt affirmed clearly.

"And?" Minho prodded.

"And afterwards she'll be a Runner." Newt sighed. He didn't like the idea of you going back out there. He was going to have to beg Thomas to keep you safe.

"What?!" Gally shouted exasperatedly.

"All the other Runners quit Gally. This is final." Newt said, then walked off.