Preview: What is left

Life has never been easy but that's the fun part of life. I had just left the orphanage with a small bag that contained a few clothing items and a water bottle because that was the only things that I could take from the orphanage. That place was horrible! We could only eat one meal every few days if the people in charge were in a good mood. Every child in that orphanage had mastered the art of stealing and hiding at a young age because if you did not posses such abilities you could never survive in there. The lucky ones that were able to find a decent family are the ones that we consider lucky for they did not have to suffer anymore in the hands of those people. The ones that stayed, like me, were the unfortunate and had to help the younger ones survive that place.

But now I had no roof under my head because I turned 18 years old today. The moment you are old enough to leave that orphanage the staff throws you out, and I mean that in the literal sense. Everyone knows to have a bag ready with everything that you can find and fit inside of it because on your 18th birthday you are thrown out with just what you have on you. What I did to deserve this kind of life I do not know, but what I do know is that I am not going down without a hell of a fight. I just did not realize how real those words were going to become.

As I made my way through town I thought of where I could go, I did not have any money so a hotel was out of the question. I needed to think fast because being alone in this town is very dangerous, specially if you are a young girl. The only place that I could think of that would not charge me anything was the camping cabins in the forest just out of town. Those cabins were abandone because a fire had ocurre a few years ago and destroyed at least have of them, it was too much money to fix them and the area had lost the tourists interest. This was going to be the only place I could go, hopefully I could find a cabin that no one inhabits.

I am going to have to steal a few things before going to the cabins first, I need more water and food if I am even going to survive for a week and that's what I did. I managed to steal everything that I needed and headed to the cabins in the forest. For some weird reason I did not feel afraid of what could happen to me in that forest or on my way to get to it. I felt at peace knowing that I would be surrounded by nature. I have always loved nature and just knowing that I am going to be surrounded by it tonight makes me smile. Forget the dangers that I may face this is a new beginning and I have a feeling that in the end everything will fall into place.

The sun was starting to set when I finally made it to the cabins, this place looked like it had been through hell. The fire may had happened a few years back but it still smelled like burned wood and not a single green leave could be seen. I knew that it took nature time to become what it once was but this is different, there should be at least a bit of the color green on the trees or the grass. Everything was just black and brown, it all looked practically dead. Yet to me it felt alive, I felt a connection to this place. It felt like I had finally found my home, I finally felt free. But I shouldn't be feeling this way when I am in a place like this.

I am such a weird persone, I must have lost it through out the years for me to think this place could be my home. I made my way through the dead grass until I found a cabin that did not look like it would colapse the moment I stepped into it and checked it out. This would have to do for today, tomorrow I could go looking for a job and a better place to stay. With that thought I laid on the floor of the cabin and fell asleep to bad it wasn't going to be a peaceful sleep. I should have known I could not catch a break.

I felt hot, every part of my body felt hot. Waking up the first thing that went through my head was fire. All I could see was flames coming from every direction. 

Burning, everything around me was burning. The forest was on fire protesting as the little bit of life it had was leaving it, yet I have never felt more alive than this very moment. I do not remember how the fire started but in the middle of this burning forest I finally felt free. I mean who in their right mind said that playing with fire was going to get you burned...

 I mean who in their right mind said that playing with fire was going to get you burned