The Bucket List Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

"Young man would you mind helping me carry in these boxes, Caleb's out sick today and my back can't handle that," he says. Mr. I was 83, but he was still going strong.

"Of course, where are they," Clay responds.

"Right back here, that thankyou so much, there's only two".

"Anytime Mr. O," Clay says as he heads to the back.

"I haven't seen you with him before".

"We've never really hung out together".

"Be kind to that boy Y/n, he doesn't deserve anything less, you have to promise me that".

"I promise Mr. I," I say with a slight smile

Timeskip

White Lilly Pond

"Where do you want to go?," Clay asks, turning to me as we get into his car.

"I have no idea".

"I have the perfect place".

"Where?," I ask curiously.

He laughs, "You'll see when we get there".

"How do I know you're not going to kidnap me?," I ask sarcastically.

"If you think I just spent all that money on food just to kidnap you you're insane".

"Ah you got a point".

"I know I do you don't have to tell me".

"You're so cocky," I say messing with his radio.

"I prefer opinionated and right," He scoffs acting offended.

"How come you never hang out with anyone from school, I'm sure if they got to know you they would like you," I say, sticking my hand out the window, letting the wind catch it.

"Befriending people who are just gonna leave is useless".

"Well if you have such a negative outlook on everything of course their gonna leave," I say tilting my head.

"It's still useless," He turns down a dirt road, one I've never been down before, "This is it".

I'm faced with multiple willow trees, a pond filled with lilly pads, and a gazebo placed in just the right spot.

"How did I not know that this existed?," I say smiling, taking it all in.

"You'd be surprised what you'd find if you actually leave your room," He says sarcastically.

I give him an offended look, "Listen here mister, I do leave my room".

"Mmm sure, I totally believe you," He says as he walks over to the gazebo.

"I do!," I say, catching up with him. He lets out a chuckle before laying down the blanket.

I start getting everything set out, he smiles and snaps another picture. My cheeks go red.

"What?," I ask embarrassed.

"Nothing," he says, a wide grin plastered across his face.

"Give me one reason not to throw this sandwich at you," I threaten.

"Ok, reason one: that's harassment," he responds.

I think for a second, "It is isn't it," I say, we both burst out into laughter.

"Indeed," He says sarcastically.

I've never gotten to see this side of Clay before. He's so different at school, even when I see him when he's working. It's a good different.

"What is this place called?," I ask.

"As far as I know it doesn't have a name, so I call it White Lily Pond".

I look around, the land by the pond is covered in white white lilys, "Fitting".

"White lilys are my favorite," he says.

"They're beautiful".

I feel something furry runb against me, I shriek.

"Calm down it's just Willow," Clay says, motioning towards the all fluffy all white cat, I hadn't even seen it come up to us.

"Their are cats here?," I ask stroking the cats fur.

"A few," he says ripping off a little piece of his sandwich, feeding it to Willow.

"Can this place get any better?".

"You'd be surprised how much this town actually has to offer".

"I think you're the first person to say that".

"I just think people need to appreciate where they come from more, especially the people here in AngelWood".

I smile, deep down inside I knew he was right. This town was small, annoyingly small, but it has so much to offer and so many good people to meet. It has so much, and everyone takes it for granted, including me.

"One more picture," Clay says.

He points the camera lense towards us, putting his hand around my shoulder with a big smile before snapping the picture.

"Tellement mignon," He mutters. ( It means So cute)

"Was that French?".

"Ya".

"What did you say," I ask curiously.

"That's for me to know and you to not," he says with a smirk. I just shake my head with a smile.

We should make a schedule".

"A schedule?".

"Ya, if we don't we'll blow through your list in a week and then have no idea what to do the rest of the summer".

"Hm, you're right. What if we complete 1 thing every week. That should give us just enough time to complete the list before summers over," Clay says.

"Once a week it is," I smile.

He looks at me and cocks his head, letting out a chuckle.

"I have a feeling this is gonna be a great summer," I say.

"Me too," Clay agrees, pulling out the list from his backpack. He takes his pencil and crosses out Picnic.

"One down, seven to go," I say.

"Seven to go," he says with a slight smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part 1 and part 2 in one day? Look at me go :)

Was this good?
Are you guys excited for part 3?

Word Count: 1206
May 24, 2022