chapter seventeen

Heat rushed to her cheeks. "Me?" Kit asked, feeling her heart begin to beat wildly against her ribs.

Kit knew he wasn't a man of many words; using his actions as his main form of communication. There wasn't a doubt in her mind that her being blind turned a lot of that around in his head, so she remained quiet, allowing him to collect his thoughts.

"You are very. . . special to me," he began, taking a deep breath. "And the kid. You're special to us, but I want. . . I would like more, if you'd have me."

"Din. . . what are you saying?" Kit almost wanted to believe the nurse droid that something was definitely still wrong. She wasn't imagining this was she? This wasn't some weird bacta infused dream she was having? No, it was real. The leather of his gloves dragging up and down her biceps was real. Orange tips, she thought to herself.

Din's hands left her arms, she mourned the loss of his touch for a moment before she heard the quiet hiss of air, then a thunk of metal hitting the ground. Kit was startled by the sudden noise, but Din's hands were on hers, slowly bringing them up towards his head. When the tips of her fingers grazed against skin, she yanked her hands away.

"Your-your Creed!" Kit started, "I'm not your-"

"I was fooling myself for a long time, cyar'ika." Without the modulator, Din's voice had shivers running through her. Only in her dreams did she ever wonder what he sounded like without the helmet, now they were coming true. "You, the kid. . . you're my aliit. If you want me."

Kit gulped at his words, trying to process it all. "And-and if I do want you?" She asked, her voice wavering as she spoke.

"Then I am all yours."

Gnawing at her lower lip, she reached her hands out, tentatively. Her fingers met at his forehead, the ends of his hair tickling her knuckles, ever so slightly. Kit's fingers dragged over his brows, the bridge of his nose, along the sides of his cheekbones, tracing over every aged line of his face. Din sighed, leaning into her delicate touch. How long had it been since someone had touched him like this, held him close, Kit wondered. Her fingers danced down the sides of his face, the pads of her fingers meeting rough prickles of a barely-there beard.

"You have facial hair," Kit chuckled at the sensation, trailing her fingers along his jawline.

She felt his cheeks lift beneath her touch, delicately forming a smile at her words. Her hands settled at his jaw, cradling his face gently in her hands. Swallowing thickly, Kit slowly brought his head down.

Din didn't protest, allowing her to guide him closer and closer to her until she could feel his breath upon her lips as her eyes shut. He remained still in Kit's hands as she slotted her mouth over his. He didn't move; didn't breathe as she kissed him gingerly.

As she was about to pull away from him, Din kissed her back. He was inexperienced, clearly, his lips unceremoniously moving against hers. Kit smiled into the kiss, for despite his lack of knowledge, he made up for in enthusiasm. Din's arms found themselves at her waist, squeezing her, holding her tight against his armored form. Kit didn't even think to care about the beskar digging into her, all she could think about was Din.

Kit's hands went up to his hair, pulling on the tresses. She wanted- No, needed to be closer to him. Breathe him in until all she could hear, taste, smell was the Mandalorian.

Din was the one to pull away first, both of their chests heaving as they caught their breath.

"I've- I've never-"

"It's okay," she cut him off, smiling as she ran her fingers through his hair. "It was good."

Kit felt him lean down again, half expecting him to kiss her again, but instead was met with his forehead touching her's. He'd done this the other day when she'd woken up, pressing his helmet against her head. The gesture was cautious, careful, yet full of love.

"Come to bed with me?" She asked.

Heads still pressed together, she felt him nod. "Okay," he said as he loosened his grip on her.

Bit by bit, pieces of his armor fell to the ground in a series of clangs. When Din touched her again, it was with calloused hands, gripping onto the fabric of her tunic. They slipped underneath, rough palms seeking out her skin like sleep to the freezing.

Kit smiled as she raised her own hands to him, peeling him out of his flight suit. She kissed him briefly as they continued to pull at one another's clothes, wanting to feel nothing but each other. No barrier in between them. Kit dragged her fingers over his chest, mapping out each and every scar she could find. Din's lips met hers again, kissing her until she couldn't breathe, his hands gripping onto her tightly. Kit only held on tighter, kissed him harder until all either of them knew was each other.