Chapter 3

Huggy Wuggy is still there, in the same place, raising his arm to greet visitors. It was here, that I had once settled down to chat with him, that I first met him, dear Huggy Wuggy.

Of course, without hesitation, I walk in his direction to observe him. He hasn't changed, he's the same, always so sweet and smiling. Hugging him again after all this time makes me really happy, I feel like I'm back to childhood, it's so nice.

- Well, what happened here..?

The hall is run down and messy, it's best that I visit the surroundings. I still pay attention to the red button in front of me, I press it and a song with strange lyrics begins to start :

"His name is Huggy!"
Huggy Wuggy, when he hugs you, he will never stop!
Your friend Huggy!
Huggy Wuggy,
it will squeeze you until you burst! »

- Burst...?

The last sentence is so terrifying, I wonder what it means, surely the slogan of a big hug. At least, I hope...

- Don't worry Huggy, I'm going to get you out of here, big boy... I told him watching him.

I then move away from him but a noise makes me turn around again. And right after, I see a key that I hadn't seen earlier in his right hand. It's strange, where did she come from ? Out of curiosity, I take it with my grab hands, and I observe again the statue which seems quite, special.

- Thank you... I think...

Puzzled after that, I walk to a locked door and try the key in the lock, yes, it works. There is a rather complex electricity system, but after long minutes I get out of it and I decide to go back to the main hall.

I walk, not paying attention to the scenery but, I know, something is wrong.

- Huggy....? Where is... The statue...?

I search, but I can't find it anywhere. Huggy's statue has disappeared, no, it's not possible, what does that mean...?

I decide to ignore this detail, hoping it's not what I think, and keep visiting. I open a door now accessible thanks to my blue hand of the grab hands, and I arrive in another corridor. But there's something on the wall, a yellow hand on the end of a blue body, like Huggy...

- It is not possible...

I approach, but the hand escapes inside and opens the door for me. Should I come in ? What if it's a trap...? I don't know what to do, who is it ? No, that's not possible...

I enter and arrive in the middle of a long corridor of pipes, I turn around in the middle of the way and really see what I thought was impossible. I see Huggy Wuggy, Playtime Co's mascot, close the door behind me before leaving.

- Huggy... Wuggy... Is alive...?

I then arrive in another room and start a tape of two employees talking to each other, one of whom seemed angry and I go upstairs. I spend an interminable time looking for mechanisms and to go back up, I take another path to then reach the staircase.

But when I arrive at the top, I see Huggy's head watching me behind one of the doors before leaving, closing it. He had teeth, horrible teeth, what does that mean ? It's not... I'm hallucinating...?

- This place hides something...

I'm sure now, this place is hiding something. I am sure and certain, to have seen Huggy Wuggy, watching me smiling. Besides, maybe he's even been watching me since the beginning, or even right now...