Chapter Thiry-Five

Hazel

"Well if she likes you ask her out, man." Leo said bluntly, while the rest of us waited for a response from Annabeth.

"Wait...I have to savor this moment." Percy said grinning. "Okay," he exhaled. "Annabeth will you go out with me?"

Annabeth whacked him in the arm. "No."

Every gasped in surprise including Nico, how could Annabeth say no? Percy frowned at her as if he'd never been rejected in his life. He probably hadn't. If I didn't know him, I would've mistaken him for a Roman god.

"If you're going to ask me out it is not going to be at Mrs. Grace's funeral. That's really disrespectful." Annabeth followed up explaining why she rejected him. "Then maybe I'll say yes."

"Ugh," Percy huffed and started walking to his stepfather's Prius. "Well can I'm going to ask you out in the Prius!" He shouted as plopped into the driver's seat.

Annabeth rolled her eyes and followed after him with her short black dress trailing behind her. "He's my ride." she explained and started running to the car when Percy began starting the engine.

"Those two are adorable together." Piper smiled.

"Yeah, they are so OTP." Leo said in a fake valley girl voice. Reyna laughed and wrapped her arm around Nico. Surprisingly he didn't tell her to get off. That's odd...

I glanced up at Frank who was smoothing out my hair. He was so nice to me and I don't really know why, I'm not used to guys being so respectful towards me. When I was younger boys used to bully me and call me "Witch-Girl" so when a guy like Frank comes along I really don't want to screw this up.

"I'm going to take Piper home..." Jason said which meant we could leave. They started walking to his limo with Thalia.

Frank glanced at Reyna Nico and I. "You guys ready to go?" Reyna lives by Frank but doesn't have a car so she rode with Frank and he offered to drive Nico and I.

"Yeah." I paused for a moment and glanced Leo who staring at the ground as if it was the most interesting thing he had seen all day. "Leo do you have a ride?" I asked him.

I heard Frank groan slightly but I ignored him and waited for a response from Leo. Leo up and gave me a confused look. "Huh? Oh uh yeah, I'll just take the subway no big deal."

"I'm sure Frank won't mind giving you a ride we live pretty close to each other." I glanced up at Frank who was frowning. "You can drop him off at my apartment and I can walk him home."

Frank gave an uneasy look and begrudgingly agreed to my offer. Reyna sat shotgun while I sat in between Nico and Leo in Frank's car. The silence was uncomfortable but no one bothered to speak. Frank dropped the three of us off in front of our apartment and Nico made his way into the lobby while I stayed outside with Leo. It was nearing October and it was starting to get chilly, Halloween is a few days from now.

"Thanks Haze, if it weren't for you, the big guy probably wouldn't have given me a ride." He said as we began walking.

I rubbed my bare arms who he's were dotted with goosebumps. This was the only black dress I have and sadly, it's sleeveless. "It's started to get chilly..." I muttered.

"Oh here." he said smiling as he unzipped his hoodie. He draped it over my cold shoulders and we made our way to his apartment.

He pressed the buzzer and his foster father let him in. A little girl with frizzy hair greeted him with a hug and screamed his name in excitement. His foster sister is adorable.

"See you tomorrow Haze." he said.

"See tomorrow, Leo. I should be going." I said. "Oh I almost forgot..." I slipped the hoodie off and tried to hand it to him but he just told me to keep it. I smiled and began walking down the steps and made my way to my apartment. Maybe Nico will want some candy...hopefully that rude girl won't be there...

A/N

Take your child to work day is hella boring but it's better than school #AMIRITE

-Amira