"Anything caught your eye?" He asked you after a short while of scanning the menu, luckily no one was behind you both as you both looked through your options. He stares into your direction as you continue to debate which drink and snack to order. "I'd probably go for a frappe? It's hot today." You thought out loud, turning in his direction in hopes to get his opinion as he straightens his back and looks away. "Sounds like a plan."

You both find a seat at the second floor, dropping your bags and books onto the side of the table as you two sat across one another. Conversation came naturally as you wait for your orders, laughing at certain memories that one brought up as you both felt delighted to finally spend time with one another.

"I still can't believe you managed to fool Heung to do that." You comment after he finishes his story, a hand placed over your mouth to muffle your chuckle as he shamelessly laugh out loud with his eyes closed. You ignored the fact you caught yourself staring at him too often as the conversation continues, the topic and memories of first year comes up.

"I'm still not over the fact we got the highest over that mock trial we had, even the idea of convincing Damien seemed impossible." You admit, twirling your straw as he takes a sip of his, nodding. "Thank the universe you didn't pass out that day." He jest, recalling how often you had stayed up for it. "Now that I remember." He continues, "Weren't we kind of dating at that time?" 

You take a sip and hummed, nodding. "We did, it felt like a dream to be honest.." You recall as he chuckles, "Because of how great our relationship was or?" He teased and you can only weakly slap him on the arm for it, having to lift from your seat in the process as he backs away, chuckling. "Shut up! It really wasn't my fault that I never got into relationships."

"Then that means you should thank me for it!" He chuckles, the way his eyes crinkle up makes you pause momentarily before huffing. "I didn't even say you were a good boyfriend, but okay." You point out and he gasped in shock. "I was definitely a good boyfriend!"

The conversation continued, recalling dumb moments from the past and making fun of one another as your drinks ran out. You sat there for an hour talking.

"Oh shit.." He suddenly blurts, taking notice outside the window. You turn to look as well to see the sun was setting, the sky slowly turning darker as you both just watched. "I didn't realize how late it was." He says, fingers playing with the empty cup in hand as you hum. "Time flew by quick." You murmur as he turns back to look at you. "It really did."

You both stood up and left the cafe, thanking the waitress who had greeted you both a farewell as you both stood outside, still watching the sun. You glance at him, seeing him under the glowing shade of orange as he watches the sunset.

Maybe this was your chance. Not saying that you had a big fat crush on him since that day he had proposed on that stupid three month rule but you have the most stupid fat crush on him, and that was something you had debated on admitting for so long.

And if it fails? It didn't exactly matter. You'd be busy at the end of this school year anyways and you can finally think straight now that you had finally confessed, right? As much as you wish that he would feel the same way, you'd still want to keep your friendship if it turned south.

Take the chance? You glance at him again. Take the chance.

"Y/n—" "Xavier—"

You both stared at one another, unintentionally cutting one another off before chuckling, "You can go first." He offered, slightly tilting his head as he awaits for what you're about to say.

"Okay... Uh.." You paused, mentally hyping yourself up to get this done and not back out last minute. "This might be kind of... sudden to say?" You tell him and he raises a brow, nodding as to urge you to continue.

You inhale. "I think you were right about that promise."

A short moment of silence passed with both of you just staring one another. He tilts his head and stares.

"..Can you repeat that?" He asked, and on your mode of panic, you decided to act dumb. "Repeat what?" He gives you a look, tint of red colors the tip of his ears as he understood your confession. "Be serious with me right now."

You bit your inner cheek, embarrassed to repeat what you said as you look away from him to spare you a bit of dignity. "You were... right about that promise you gave back then."

With that, you debated to just walk away or wait for what he has to say, looking down at the concrete as you try to control the heat of your face. 

"I..." He takes his time to find the words to say. "Remember when I picked you up from the bar during break back in first year?" He asked me, and you try to recall. "I mean.. I think I was drunk that time so not really?" You answered honestly and that got a chuckle out of him. 

"Well.." He paused, "That was when I started liking you more than I did." He admits and you finally up. A joke about how he would fall for you when you were drunk was taken away from your mouth when you meet eyes with him, the tint of red and the heat grows stronger as he translates the amount of love he has through his gaze.

"... I was really upset when we had to break up." You confessed, the intense hold of your books lessens as the adrenaline and fear of rejection disappears. "I was too." He admits as well. "I was too scared to lose you if I said anything." 

You huffed, offended and amused. "You think so low of me if that's what you had thought." He lets a low chuckles at that, nodding. "Fear got the best of me, I guess." He says, and I nod. "I know what you mean, I guess we were both scared." 

He looks down as you both cherish the moment, the feeling that had been bottled inside you both and was finally twisted open as you hold your hand out for him to take. He takes it with no hesitation.

"If you're free this weekend, we could maybe hang out if you'd like?" You asked, looking up at him as he tries to resist a smile. "Yeah, I could squeeze you in my schedule." He jest, and you chuckle. "It's a date then."

The amount of love you both shared through your gaze never left.

happy new year <3