Murder She Wrote | MB Short Story

Start from the beginning

September 1st , Lunch Room

She's mean and cruel

I can tell by the way she stands she believes she rules

To her I'm some kind of fresh meat

Little does she know I'm in no effort to compete

I have no interest in her so called "boy"

All they do anyways is treat you like a toy.

Sooner or later she'll regret touching me.

Hopefully she get hit hard in the knee-

My writing was cut short by a loud shriek. I looked up to see the girl on the ground hugging her knees rocking back and forth in pain."What happened?" A teacher came running in."My knee," She cried."It hurts so bad." I looked back at my diary and quickly closed it. I hurried and stuffed it in my bag exiting the cafeteria. See what I'm talking about? Every time I write someone gets hurt. And let me tell you, that isn't even one of my greatest.

*

(( September 15th , Gym ))

For these past few days, Rayan hasn't leaved me alone. I've told my mom about it recently but she doesn't really understand. I've been writing almost everything about the girl lately. Her name is Victoria. I swear I really can't stand her. She's mean to me for no paticular reason, and you know how worked up I can get. Instead of showing actual emotion I write it down. It's just a natural thing for me, an instinct. Now, she has a broken leg , and a few missing teeth from being jumped by an 'arranged mob.' I don't even understand how I got that into a poem. My mom thinks Rayan likes me, & I honestly don't care. He can like,love, or even hate me, I wasn't put on this Earth for him. I'm a monster, and I can't be trusted.

I feel a large shadow in front of me and I look up. Lucky for me it's just our coach."Hello Ms.Valsquez, I'm afraid you're failing this class." he sighs."What? How?" I ask him completely shocked. "Well, you don't really do much. In this class to pass, you have to be on a team."A team? I don't even like sports."I can offer you some help, from my BEST gym student." I shrugged and he yelled out a name."HEY Lopez, get over here." I looked over his shoulder to see Rayan jogging over. Oh no."Yeah coach?"He asked."I need you to help Ana with something. Get her to figure out what she's good at."he patted his shoulder and walked away.

-

"Okay so basically, just shoot the ball." He shot it and it went straight in. He makes everything sound like it's so easy, just because he's care free. It's just him and I , Coach let us practice after school hours."I can't do this." I said as he passed me the ball."Alright, let me help you."He sighed coming behind me. I felt his arm slither across my waist, and his other one on my elbow."Make sure you're positioned right.Okay?" I nodded."Now when you're ready bend down just a little and push up, letting your hand go free. Think of a happy place where no one else can disturb you. Just you." I sighed at his words and did as told. I was little again. Back to when I didn't have this "ability." I was by my grandmother's house playing with my relatives. Something that had always made me happy. I bent down and let my hands free pushing up. I heard the ball go straight in as I opened my eyes.

"I did it!"I screamed jumping up and down. I turned and hugged Rayan surprisingly in the moment and he of course he hugged back."I knew you could."He laughed but then we awkwardly stopped hugging and grabbed our bags."Aye, you want to go .. I don't know....get an ice-cream?" he asked and I sighed nodding."Okay."

*

We both walked into the ice-cream parlor sitting down our backpacks. I got a double-fudge swirl and paid for it in a cup. I sat at a nearby table and took out my "diary." Rayan later joined me and ate his ice-cream silently. As I continued to write I noticed him trying to read. I quickly closed it and put it away."You don't have to be shy around me." He touched my hand. I slipped my hand under the table and nodded."Come on Ana, why are you playing so hard to get? I try and try everyday to get to you....but nothing I do works."He groans. I sigh and touch his hand."Rayan..I'm not...it's not that I don't like you .....I'm just afraid of hurting you."He looked at me confused."How can you hurt me?"He chuckled."Just forget it." I picked up my backpack heading for the door. I heard him shuffling behind me and he grabbed my hand."Okay okay...I'm sorry okay? Just give me one chance. There's really nothing you can do to hurt me."He pulled me closer."I really have feelings for you."