Murder She Wrote | MB Short Story

Start from the beginning

Finally as the class settled down the teacher came in and stood up in front of the class noticing me."Okay class, now that we have a new student why don't we test her out?" She smiled."Um, excuse me?"I asked utterly confused.

"Your poem sweetie. Come up front and read it."She said and immediately looked down."Oh uh no, this is my um diary." I heard snickers and laughs until she hushed them."Come along, up front." I sighed and grabbed my book bringing it up with me. I held my book up as I faced everyone and began to read.

September 1, Poetry Class

Once when I was little

I was happy and carefree

I used to run around laughing

Until it was time for tea

I used to play games

And smile all the time

I used to feel on top of the world

I used to feel fine

It's amazing how things change

When people let you down

And how that once happy face

Turns into a solemn frown

You search and search

For someone who cares

Anyone who understands

Anyone who dares

Loneliness, it hurts

It kills you deep inside

It makes you feel empty

It stops you in your stride

You cry yourself to sleep

Hugging your pillow tight

Wishing for someone

To hold you through the night

Once when I was little

I was happy and carefree

Now my life's full of sadness,

Pain and misery

Once when I was little

I was never on my own

But now I pray at night

''I wish I wasn't alone''

-Ana

I looked up at everyone as they stood shocked. My poetry teacher loudly clapped and smiled."That was wonderful Ms.Valsquez. Great job. Out standing." I nodded and went back to my seat. I closed my journal and looked over at Rayan whom was staring at me. I rolled my eyes and put my head down.

*

I grabbed my things out of my locker and sighed. I walked to lunch starving as I grabbed a plate in the lunch line and waited impatiently to be served. Finally I was served red beans, a side salad, fruit bars and a drink of choice. I was walking over to an empty table when I was stopped by some girl(a real one this time)."I heard you've been talking to Rayan. Back off he's mine and mine only."She growled holding on to me tight. I yanked my arm away."Don't.Touch.Me" I growled then rolled my eyes and walked away. I sat my tray down and took out my "diary" suddenly not as hungry as before.