"Yesterday. I went outside, and saw his straw hat on the floor and a boat that I could barely see." Dadan sniffed.

Yesterday? If Garp had arrived one day earlier, he could have saved Luffy? He could have ended whoever hurt Luffy before anything happened.

"I don't know how to tell Ace. I'm writing a letter since I don't have a snail transponder, but how do you tell someone their little brother is missing over a letter?" Dadan placed her head into her hands.

"Don't. Ace can't know. At least not until we find Luffy." Garp says.

"Garp, Luffy is his brother. He should know what's going on." Dadan argues.

"We can't tell him. You know how temperamental Ace is. He's gotten better, but him finding out Luffy is missing will destroy him. He's going to do something reckless that will get himself caught then executed. Sengoku hasn't said anything to me, but I think he's catching on about Ace's heritage. Luffy means everything to Ace. Losing him will kill him one way or another. Same goes for Luffy. Telling Ace could very well mean they both end up dead." Garp explains.

"Ace is going to find out eventually." Dadan points out.

"Their deal was to leave when they turn seventeen. Ace will only get suspicious if Luffy doesn't have a bounty by the time he's 18. We have four years to find and save him. I don't plan on taking that long to find my grandson." Garp leaves no room for argument. Instead, he walks out of the house. He has a call to make.

Dragon

The transponder snail Dragon keeps on him, used only for discussions with his father, is ringing. They haven't spoken in years. In fact, he can remember the exact reason and how long ago it was. Eight years ago, for Luffy.

He was there for the fire and hadn't seen Luffy. It was definitely a good sign, but he still needed to contact his father to verify. He can even remember how the conversation went.

"You know why I'm calling." In the case of someone overhearing, they speak without giving any information. With them being on opposite sides, there's only one thing they can actually talk about.

"Always a worry wart." It used to annoy Dragon how his father laughs everything off. Now, he takes it as a good sign. It takes a lot to worry his father, but he does take things seriously if his loved ones are safe. If Luffy were in trouble, Garp wouldn't be laughing. "You don't need to worry."

He had hung up right then and there. With his worries gone, the need for conversation was over. Now, his worries are back again with each ring only increasing his fears.

Dragon leaves the work room without a word. Once he knows he is far enough away, he answers the phone.

"He's gone." His father doesn't waste any time getting to the point.

"How?" Dragon asks.

"I don't know. All I know is he disappeared yesterday. I-I wasn't there." Dragon wants to be angry with his father. He left his only son, the person he cares about most with his father, but he can't be. He can't because he gave Luffy to Garp knowing exactly how he parents. He knew his father wouldn't always be there because he still works as a marine. Plus, Dragon wasn't there either. Luffy was all alone. No child should be alone. He should have just raised Luffy himself. He managed to keep Sabo safe when he was a child. Then again, Sabo doesn't have Dragon's blood running through his veins.