Chapter 1

It's been a few days since the big flood that shocked the residents of the U.K. Malcom, Alice and baby Lyra were traveling in the canoe called La Belle Sauvage. "Are we almost there?" asked Alice in a tired savage voice, little Lyra crying helped Alice in a way for Malcom to pull off to the side.

"We will rest here, sounds like Lyra is getting hungry, better make her a bottle. I'll find us something" Malcom searched the bag he found floating in the water the day prior. Alice begged him not to get it, but he was adamant about this bag.

"Ah here is some jerky and cake. There isn't enough to share so what one do you want Alice?" Alice looks at the cake, it looked so delicious, but the jerky looked good too. Before she could make her decision, Malcom was halfway through the jerky. Alice puts Lyra down then leans forward making sure she doesn't tip the canoe and hits Malcom across the head. "Ouch what was that for?" Malcom cried while rubbing his head
"I wanted the jerky" Alice said while picking over the chunk of cake.

After a while everyone was content, and the sun had finally gone down. Malcom was about to untie the rope he tied to a tree when Alice stopped him "We are tired Malcom and so are you, we should just stay here till morning" Malcom just nodded.

It was a cool night, Alice wrapped Lyra in a blanket to keep her warm then one around herself. Her daemon Ben grabbed Pan and made sure he stayed warm too. The three pass out from pure exhaustion.

--------------------
Traveling through the flood water in a motorboat with about a handful of men was Marisa Coulter. She was on the hunt to find her daughter and since the Magisterium don't trust the woman, they sent the best CCD men they had to make sure the child called Lyra was brought back to them. While they were looking for a canoe with an infant and two teenagers, Marisa was conducting a plan for when they do find the children, she can safely take her daughter and hide from the Magisterium.

"OVER THERE" one man pointed but it wasn't a canoe he saw it was an old tin boat broken from a large tree falling on it.

"Imbecile" one man said as he hit the man across the head

"I will find you Lyra" Marisa muttered under her breath

The boat travelled down a few more bends of water then came across the canoe, the same one that should have HER child in it. "Stop" Marisa said in a slight raised tone. "I think that's them. Stop the engine we don't want them to know we are close"

The driver switched the engine off and used a long stick to help guide the boat through the raging waters. As they were getting closer the faint sound of a baby crying could be heard.

"LYRA" Marisa gasped

Once they approached the canoe little Lyra was screaming her little lungs out and the other two were out not hearing the cries of the baby.

The Sargent was ready to grab the child out of the girls arms, Marisa quickly put her arm on his "Let me... Please" the man gave a little nod. As soon as the golden monkey reached for Pan who was a little white ermine Lyra instantly stopped crying. Marisa took the opportunity to grab her daughter knowing she is calm now.

Now in her arms, Lyra felt calm and happy, it was like she knew the person who was holding her was her mother. Now mother and child have been reunited once again Marisa's plan will now go into action.

"Let's get you into the warm cabin my darling" Lyra cooed like she was agreeing with her mother

------

Something made Alice jolt up in her sleep. In her dream she could her that horrid Hyena laugh then Gerald Bonneville yelling out her name in a sing song way "Al...ice"