Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Percy

It was finally the end of this cursed war. Either the giants and Gaea or the gods and the demigods would win. I hoped that the gods and demigods would win. I was, of course, fighting with the gods. This was the final battle in the war. I knew it. I could feel it. All the gods were here, fighting beside us; the Greek and Roman demigods in Greece. We had all united to defeat this enemy. There were three giants left along with Gaea. Right now, Gaea was staying back, reserving her energy and watching her family fight each other to the death.

Artemis and Apollo were both fighting Gration. My dad, Poseidon, and Hephaestus were fighting the giant, Mimas while I took on Porphyrion with Zeus. The rest of the gods were fighting the endless waves of monsters. Currently, Leo, Piper, and Hazel were out of the fight. They had used too much energy and were out cold.

I slashed and stabbed at Porphyrion but to him, I seemed like a little annoying mosquito. Zeus was using his lightning powers against him but they seemed to have no effect on the giant. I always seemed in the wrong spot. I couldn’t strike Porphyrion in the spots I wanted. He would always turn at the last second and I ended up hitting just his armor instead. Finally, after an almost eternity, I had gotten a stab in. I had aimed it at a good spot too. I had stabbed him right behind the knee.

I had to climb Porphyrion to get in that position. While Zeus was distracting the Giant king, I grasp that opportunity and had stabbed him. Obviously, Porphyrion hadn’t expected that. He roared out in pain, surprise or anger. I think it was a roar of anger. Golden blood was trickling down of his leg. I kept on climbing. I don’t know how, but somehow, I had climbed up to his neck. Porphyrion was either really unobservant or Zeus was just doing a really good job. I didn’t know which one would be more likely. Weapons surrounded me. Porphyrion should really comb his hair or something. It was a tangled mess of hair and weapons. It was also pretty dirty. His hair probably hasn’t been washed for at least a millennia.

I waited for Zeus to strike him again. There! I saw my chance. While raising Riptide, I yelled and plunged the blade into Porphyrion’s throat. I pushed Riptide into his neck until the blade was in all the way up to the hilt. Slowly, I pulled Riptide out of his neck which caused a geyser of blood to pour out onto my face. Soon, it seemed like a golden waterfall of blood was coming out of the wound in his neck. Unfortunately, I was right under that wound so the golden blood pushed against me. While cursing, I struggled to hang on. I didn’t want to know how high I was. After a few seconds, I lost my grip. With golden blood falling all around me, I plummeted towards the Earth.

Zeus saved me. He controlled the air and had slowed my descent. Then, with a war cry, my uncle raised his Master Bolt and struck Porphyrion right where I stabbed him. The giant gave one more pain filled roar and the dissolved into dust with his essence returning to the depths of Tartarus. I looked around me. The gods looked tired and worn while the other demigods looked close to dead. I saw that Jason was still fighting against the Earthborn with Annabeth. More and more monsters seemed to be appearing. Quickly, I ran to my father who was still fighting Mimas with Hephaestus. A demigod and a god are needed to destroy a giant. I remembered. I ran up to the fighting immortals and joined the brawl.

Mimas was already injured from my dad and Hephaestus so it made things a bit easier than it had been with Porphyrion. I stayed low, slashing at Mimas’ legs and feet. He seemed to be pretty frustrated with me. I kept on stabbing and slashing, mixing Roman techniques with the Greek ones. Dodging a blow from his staff, I ran up and got into his defense. Just like with Porphyrion, I started climbing. This time, I was stabbing at random. Left and right I climbed. Where ever I found a weakness in his armor, I stabbed there. Eventually, I slid off him and looked at Mimas. His body was littered with cuts that were oozing golden blood. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw my father looking at me proudly.