Where it all went wrong

TITLE

Trapped But Never Released
By
Chloe Thompson

DISCLAIMER*

*This short script is from a scene in Jane The Virgin and I do not have copyrights. This is simply for creative writing and I have no intent to distribute this material. 

In the editors office
Lily Lofton:
"Jane, this book is missing something. It needs one final piece of drama and suspense. I was thinking we could add to the plot you already have, and just add something in. What I have in mind is a twist within the kidnapping chapter, do you think you could add a switched at birth element to that?"

Jane Villanueva:
"Yes I will try to fit that in before the deadline, uh thanks for the suggestion, it should fit nicely into the story"

Narrator:
At this moment Jane began thinking of all the terrible possibilities that could have happened in the process of her son's kidnapping, could he have been switched?
Lily Lofton:
"Well that's all the notes I have! Pleasure doing business with you Ms Villanueva."

Jane shook Lily's hand and walked out of the office. She headed over to her mothers house looking for guidance and comfort.

In the Villanueva house
Jane walked through the door with a worried expression on her face, her mothers concern almost immediately met hers.

XO Villanueva:
"Oh Janey what's wrong?"

Jane Villanueva:
"Oh like you even care, all you care about is getting wasted and yourself! You've never cared, even when I was a kid."
XO Villanueva:
"That's not true Jane, your my daughter and I have always worked so hard to take care of you"
Jane Villanueva:
"Since when? Since you took me out of salsa classes to pay for your own singing lessons? Or when you were too drunk to drive me to my school play?"
XO Villanueva:
"Thats different, I've changed"

Jane Villanueva:
"I don't want to hear it mom, if I should even call you that"

Narrator:
Jane turned around and stormed out the door. Angry at her mother and the way she's been treated, she decided to go home and talk to Rafael. She believed he would understand her worries and help her figure it all out.

Jane enters her and Rafael's house

Jane Villanueva:
Stressed and desperate-
    "Raf, I need to talk to you about something..."
Rafael Solano:
"Jane, calm down. What's wrong?"

Mateo is playing in the living room and Jane glances at him.
Narrator:
The hope that he was her son took over her mind. She wanted the best life for her son, but was Mateo even hers? She thought to herself.

Jane Villanueva:
"What if Mateo was switched at birth, when rose... kidnapped him?"
A tear rolled down her cheek, Rafael wiped her face with his thumb and lifted her head so she would be looking at him.

Rafael Solano:
"Don't cry Jane, I'm sure that can't be true."

Jane Villanueva:
"Whisper, I don't want Mateo to hear this. "

Rafael Solano:
"Jane, if it would put your mind at ease, we can get a DNA test and see."

Jane Villanueva:
"Thanks Raf, it'll help with the worrying."

Rafael Solano:
"No problem Jane, anything to help you."
Narrator:
The next few weeks were agonizing, the wait almost destroyed Jane, she hated not knowing what to do, or what has been done. Jane had pushed everyone away with her stress and lashing out. Rafael was put under so much stress taking care of Jane's worries that he was exhausted at work and eventually got fired from his realtor job and had to switch to bartending at The Marbella.
In Jane and Rafaels kitchen
Rafael Solano:
"Jane, the letter is here..."

Narrator:
"Tension enveloped the room as they stared at the letter that could change everything. What would this bring? What would happen if he wasn't their son?"

Jane and Rafael were shaking to a point that opening the envelope was a difficult task, both mentaly and physically.

Rafael Solano:
"I'll open it"
Narrator:
"Rafael read the letter, and what it said rattled him to his core"
Mateo Gloriano Rogelio Solano Villanueva, is not the Biological son of Jane Gloriana Villanueva and Rafael Solano....

To Rafael this was of no importance, he loved him and he was his son no matter what. But Jane's expression said she thought differently.

Rafael Solano:
"Jane? Is everything alright? Well obviously not, but why do you look like you've just seen a ghost?"

Jane Villanueva:
"I have to go find him, I need to find my son"

Narrator: 
    "And with that Jane left the house without another word, she was off to go find her son. Meanwhile Rafael was horrified by Jane's actions. He wondered how she could just desert him and their son, no matter if he was theirs Biologically or not."

Jane frantically got in her car and drove off to find rose. Jane believed she would have the answer to the questions she kept asking herself, why did Rose do this, And where is her son.