A New Found Love

Walking down the path, Ella Timbertstone took in the atmosphere around her. You see, Ella is a hobbit. She lives in the Shire next door to her cousin Bilbo Baggins. Ella was younger than Bilbo at the age of 33 and she looked nothing like him.

While he had curly hair, a stout body, and hairy feet, Ella had long wavy hair and a slim but athletic build to her. She had almond-shaped eyes that varied between blue and green in color. Also, a perfect nose and full lips were on her face.

Today she was wearing her favorite outfit that consisted of black flat shoes that covered her feet to her ankle and a long, purple dress that flowed out a bit at her waist. The sleeves went to her wrists and it had gold embroidery around the neck. On top of that was a dark gray cloak with a hood. Ella was a very beautiful girl but very seldom showed it.

As she continued walking, Ella spotted Bilbo's brightly colored home. She could see his figure talking to an unknown one. As she got closer, she could make out a tall body, a large pointed hat, and a long grey cloak. The man had a staff and a very long beard but his face was gentle. Bilbo sighed when he saw her draw nearer.

"Ella, good to see you!" He said.

"You too Bilbo" she replied,"who is this?" She asked turning to the stranger.

He smiled kindly at her. "My dear, I am Gandalf The Grey. I know who you are Ella Timberstone." He told her.

"Well it is a pleasure to see you, Gandalf," she said while curtsying.

Bilbo put a hand on her shoulder. "Gandalf here was offering me an adventure but I declined and he is now leaving." He spoke to her.

Ella looked at Gandalf. He winked at her with an odd twinkle in his eye.

"Very well," he said,"I will be seeing you soon."

Bilbo practically dragged her into his house while the wizard just stood there smiling. As Bilbo shut the door, Ella turned around to look at him.

"Why did you say no, cousin?" She asked.

"I am perfectly content her in my house, thank you very much!" He told her.

Ella just smiled. She knew Bilbo could be the most stubborn hobbit in Middle Earth. She watched him walk over to the fireplace.

"You are more than welcome to join me for supper, Ella" he told her while starting a fire.

She laughed. "I might just have to take you up on that offer!"

An hour later, the sun had pretty much gone down. Bilbo was sitting at the table eating while Ella was getting a drink in the kitchen. All of a sudden a knock came at the door. Ella poked her head out of the kitchen.

"I'll get it," Bilbo told her."I wonder who that could be!"

Pulling open the door, Ella's mouths dropped. A very big, bald, broad shouldered dwarf was standing in the doorway!

"Dwalin is the name," his gruff voice told them. "Have ya got any food?" He pushed past a wide eyed Bilbo to the kitchen. Dwalin down at Biblo's plate and began to eat all of his food.

Ding Dong!

"Aye, that would be the door," Dwalin told Bilbo with his mouth full.

"Oh, i'll get it!" Ella told him.

She made her way to the door and opened it to find a smaller yet older dwarf with a full white beard. He smiled at her.

"Balin at your service, Miss!" He spoke with a jolly voice.

Ella giggled. "My name is Ella. Please, come in." She moved aside so he could come in.

Bilbo appeared next to her. "Did you just let another dwarf into my house?!?!" He whisper-shouted.

Ella shrugged as she and Bilbo watched Dwalin and Balin butt heads.

"He seemed nice enough," she told him.