Chapter XIV - To Keep You Safe and Alive

Start from the beginning

"Why aren't you fighting back?"

Armin looked down with a sad expression. "Even when I fight back,
I don't have the chance to win against them. I'm physically weak, so I don't want to engage in fighting. It'll only end uo with me being the one who'll suffer from the physical pain. But..."

Y/n finished wiping Armin's face, she raised a brow and stared at the blond-boy. "I'm not losing either, because I don't run away..." The blond-boy said.

The h/c-haired woman stared at Armin with a stunned look, she's amazed at how Armin doesn't only remind her of Erwin by looks, but also the blond-boy reminds her of her younger self. The kid Y/n that used to be bullied by kids in their hometown.

"You...remind me of two people..."

Armin stared at Y/n with a curious look, even the way Armin stares at her, felt like it's Erwin staring at her.

Both Erwin and Armin's eyes are full of pretty wonders, the only difference between them is that Armin's eyes has gleam and hope, while Erwin's blue- eyes are already exhausted and grim.

"May I ask who?" Armin asked.

Y/n smiled.

"You remind me of myself and the person very special and important to me..." The h/c-haired woman said.

Armin smiled, he saw how Y/n's face lightened up upon mentioning that person very special and important to her. "Is that man perhaps a man...?"

Y/n chuckled, then she gently poked Armin's right cheek. "Uh-huh. He's a man. Heh. You're such a curious boy!"

Armin giggled.

Then when he stopped giggling, he stared at Y/n again with a curious look. His eyes landed on Y/n's survey corps patch attached to the pocket of her long green coat on her right chest.

So she's a survey corps soldier...

"Where's your house, Armin? I'll walk you home...Tch. Maybe those damn brats will get back at you." Y/n said.

Armin sighed heavily, he scratched the back of his head. "My house is just near here, but I'm not going home yet. I'll go to my friend's house first."

Y/n nod.

"Then where's your friend's house? Let me take you there--"

"ARMIN!!"

Y/n waa interrupted from talking when someone called the blond-boy. Both her and Armin looked back.

Y/n raised a brow upon seeing two kids running towards them and waving at Armin. One boy with brunette-hair and green eyes, and a girl with raven-hair and black-eyes.

Armin smiled widely and waved back at his two friends. "Eren! Mikasa!"

Eren and Mikasa stopped right in front of Y/n and Armin.

The two kids were quick to looked worried as soon as they saw the wound and bruise on Armin's face.

"Armin! Did those jerks bullied you again?!" Eren asked in an angry tone.

Armin smiled awkwardly and nod.

"Y-yeah...but it's all fime now! They already left! Thanks to miss soldier!" Armin said then he looked at Y/n.

Eren and Mikasa looked at Y/n, too.

Eren's eyes widened upon seeing that Y/n's wearing the formal survey corps uniform. "It's the wings of freedom!" Eren said as he pointed at the emblem of the survey corps on Y/n's rest chest.

"Oh? Are you a fan?" Y/n asked.

Eren smiled widely, his cheeks showed an evident tint of pink.

"Yes, I am! When I'm old enough to train as a soldier, then I'll graduate and join the survey corps!" Eren said.