2

Catching up at tree hill high was pretty hard. I walked through the hallways reading and spent all my free time doing work even though I wouldn't do much else. A thought reached my brain and I remembered the girl from the hallway.

Once I found the tutor center I walked around untill I spotted her. "Hey..it's me from the hallway the other day. I was wondering if you could help me catch up,"I say shrugging my shoulders softly. "Hey! of course I can...what's your name?" She responds patting a table where we both sat. "I'm harmony." "Nice to see you again harmony, I'm Haley,"she smiled. Her smile was big yet so soft and contagious.

We talked and studied for a good hour before someone came in

We talked and studied for a good hour before someone came in. "Hey is this the tutor center?" a familiar voice says causing my head to turn. Haley's face changes rapidly, "yes but if you're asking for help there's no way I can tutor you." He sighs not noticing me yet, "why not." "Um hello you're kind of a jerk and I'm bestfriends with Lucas,"she says shuffling papers away fastly. "So?" He says turning to where I was sitting. "Hey it's..harmony right?"
"Yeah,"I respond giving him a awkward smile. "I'm guessing you need help too,"he laughs. "Pretty much," I shrug my shoulders.

"Maybe we can help eachother,"he says sitting down next to me which kind of took me by suprise. Haley shook her head at me as if it was a warning in case of fire. But through all of this my mind could only think of a sunset. Something I haven't seen in forever.

Later at home I was reading the handmaids tale for english class. I had to be at chapter 23 by tomorrow and I just got the book two days ago. My phone starts ringing and I see Nathan's contact appear out of thin air.

"Wow already calling?"I say smiling but deep down I know I'll regret this later

"Wow already calling?"I say smiling but deep down I know I'll regret this later. "Well I just wanted to ask what chapter you have to be on?" He chuckled. "Chapter 23," I say sighing. "My Jersey number? That's ironic,"he says laughing some more. "Oh wow that is ironic,"I say flipping to that chapter. "Skip to 23 so you can come to a basketball game tonight,"he says hopefully. "Why would I do that?" I say not being into it. "Because Haley will help you with preparing for anything the teacher gives us and she'll be at the game. Plus I need as much support as I can get," he speaks confidently now. "Fine..but I'm coming for Haley,"I say before hanging up. My stomach started fluttering without choice as I read chapter 23.

It spoke about the need for intimacy and someone making you feel human again. I immediately related to this as I barely felt like I'm living a normal life. As I finish the chapter I get ready to go to the game.

As I walked into the gym I looked for Haley and went to sit by her

As I walked into the gym I looked for Haley and went to sit by her. "Hey I'm suprised to see you here,"she says handing me some popcorn. "Same for you,"I chuckle handing her some chocolate I bought for us. "Well Lucas is playing tonight," she points towards a blonde haired guy who was arguing with Nathan. "Why is Nathan an ass," I asked. "Long story...they're brothers with the same horrible dad and different moms so they've had a rivalry forever." "Oh..sounds chaotic," I say thinking of my non existent dad.

"Yeah so Nathan's the bad guy you should definitely stay away from him,"Haley says really fast. "I probably will,"I say looking at him with fear. He clearly was an asshole who is only looking for a rebound. I wasn't even interested in him..so why was I compelled.

The game started and Nathan was doing well but Lucas was behind. "Cmon Lucas," Haley yells clapping for him. Nathan makes slick comments to him constantly which makes him seem cocky while the ravens cheer on the side.

Soon half time arrives with the tension

Soon half time arrives with the tension. "Haley!" the brunette says from the court. She was wearing a cheerleading outfit and with Peyton. "Come,"Haley says grabbing my hand and bringing me over to the cheer team. They all stare at me in an intriguing way except Peyton and Brooke. "Wow cute outfit," some blonde girl says. "Shut up bevon,"brunette says staring me up and down. "Why am I sensing tension I thought Nathan and Lucas were off the court?" Haley says sarcastically. "Well she was rude to Peyton the other day," she crossing her arms. "I'm sure that wasn't the case, harmony is really sweet,"Haley says reassuring them. "Whatever Brooke just let it go,"Peyton says annoyingl. "I mean she is trying to protect you," I say to Peyton. "That's right," Brooke says surely.

We all look at eachother weirdly. "Okay let's stop this mess and start over. Brooke and Peyton this is harmony my friend,"Haley says pretending nothing happened. "Fine..but if she pulls something bad I'm blaming you tutor girl," Brooke says before taking a deep breath. "Hello harmony I'm Brooke," she adds. "Brooke I admire your protective side," I say smiling. "Hmm,"she says trying to swallow her smile. "Well I admire your clothing taste,"she says quickly before turning around to pick up her pom poms. Haley laughs and shakes her head.