SET FREE

I walk down the stairs out of my bedroom door to the kitchen table. Of course I'm the first one up so I have the responsibility from cooking, which is very horrible. I chose the rusty blue pan and I got the carton of eggs so I can chose some out of it. But,yet again I drop it, breaking more than half the carton AND waking my mom. "Shut up, stupid!" She yells. " You better clean it up or the cellar for a week". "Ok, ok" I say. "NOW!" I run over and get a rag tag cloth and start wiping it up. Mother goes upstairs to bed. I give up making scrambled eggs and I decide to make toast. Hopefully I won't mess this up. When the toast is finished I get my bike and backpack and go to school. I grab a quick bite and I'm on my way. When I get to school my friends Llyn and Irene greet me. "Hey, Mel! Um, are you okay?" Llyn asked. "Uh, well, um, I kind of maybe could have dropped a whole carton of eggs... but I cleaned it! I didn't have to go to the cellar!" I say. "Yay!" Irene and Llyn cheer. I usually get sent to the cellar if Mother is in a bad mood. Or at least a good punch in the face. I still have a bruise from last week. Ouch! I remember how bad that hurt. I shake my head in fear.

*******************************

When I get home from school, breakfast dishes are still at the table. Guess it's time for me to do the dishes as well. I get the dishes and put them in the sink. I wash, wash, wash. When I put one dish in the drainer, it shatters and brakes on the floor. "Why do I have to be so clumsy?" I bend down to clean it up.Father comes downstairs to the kitchen. "Mel, have you seen my red oak tree plate? It has an oak tree beside a house. And it's red". Where is it? "Tell me NOW!. I look down and see hundreds of pieces of a red plate. And half a red oak tree.

.................................................