CHAPTER FOURTEEN ; THE PENTHOUSE

Começar do início

You went back to your unit and removed the bandage in your bathroom. You winced at the pain and you took some time to look at your scarred face. The threads were uneven at first, but when you got to the middle and end, it was done better and nicer.

You found it odd why Andrew had spared you. Perhaps it was because you two were slowly forming a good bond, or it's what you would call “becoming friends”.
Maybe he liked the idea of having someone beside him, someone to share all his problems with, someone he can spend time with.

You sighed and cleaned the wound and put a bandage on top of it again. You weren't oblivious to the fact that Yi-Hyun was starting to get suspicious of you, maybe even Sae-bom. Even before you had the wound, he had been treating you like a suspect, maybe he found out something that he shouldn't have which made him act this way towards you.

You went to your bedroom to get some sleep. You were probably not gonna get a good night's sleep because of everything that has happened. You saw dead bodies, you got a scar, you found out Andrew was a murderer, and more disturbing things you couldn't even count and say.

———————————————

Sae-bom opened the door to the empty master bedroom of the royal unit. "Mr. Kim." She called the missing person, but she didn't get any response. Sae-bom went further into the room and she looked at the floor. There were small droplets of blood, which belonged to you. And there were remains of black scrunched-up threads.

She looked to the corner of the room and she saw someone with a blanket over them. "Mr. Kim?" She asked if it was him and Yi-Hyun entered the room too. "Can you hear me?" She asked them, but the person didn't move or speak at all.

"Are you doing this because you feel thirsty?" She asked warily while getting closer to the person. She slightly kneeled to the blanketed person, and she took it off. The lawyer and the lady behind them screamed in shock when Sae-bom revealed a dead lady under the blanket.

It was the missing cleaner, and she was covered with limestone. Sae-bom put her hand over her mouth in shock, and she looked at the mark on her neck which resembled a bite mark.

Yi-Hyun kneeled to the dead lady and he put his hand on her hair. He sniffed the powder and he looked at Sae-bom, the both of them realizing it was limestone.
"It's limestone. It was at Kim Se-Hoon's house." She recalled and they both continued to inspect the corpse.

Sae-bom looked at Yi-Hyun in shock, remembering the threads and blood on the floor. "What about the blood and threads, who do you think it belongs to?" She asked with worry.

Yi-Hyun stayed silent while trying to remember anything that can help. Suddenly, he remembered how you had a wound on her face, and it was covered with a bandage so no one could see what was under. "(Y/n)," Yi-Hyun told her and Sae-boom looked at him with wide eyes.

"What do you mean? (Y/n) wouldn't do this! Maybe it was really Kim Se-hoon!" Sae-bom defended you, she didn't want to find out that Yi-Hyun's assumption was correct, because you were a good friend of hers. She knew you, you would never kill someone.

——————————————

"That superpower jerk stabbed us in the back!" Se-Kyu complained and you all looked to the door where Yi-Hyun exited from. You were along with a few other residents, gathered in front of the royal unit because the dead body had been found.