CHAPTER TWO ; CONFRONTATION

( CHAPTER TWO ; CONFRONTATION )

You were half-awake in bed while listening to the faint annoying banging once again. At this point, it was gonna make you insane so you went to look for the culprit when you saw Sae-bom and Seo-Yoon walking together. "Sae-bom!" You quickly shouted to gain her attention.

"(Y/n)? Have you heard it too?" You nodded at her and explained how it had been annoying you last night and that the both of you should go and check what the problem was. If your apartment was on the second floor and Sae-bom's was on the fifth, you couldn't imagine how much louder the noise was at her home.

The three of you went upstairs and Sae-bom rang the doorbell, there were a few seconds of silence and she was about to ring it again when the door finally opened to reveal a man. "I live downstairs, and it's been so noisy last night.. Are you doing construction work here?" Sae-bom complained.

While the man was trying to make up an excuse, you tried to take a peek inside his apartment. "I'm sorry. I'm moving my furniture, so..." Now your friend was also starting to get suspicious so she tried to take a look inside too, but the man closed the gap on his door a bit more.

"In the middle of the night?" You asked while making sure the suspiciousness in your tone was obvious. "I'm a person with initiative, so I have to do things when I decide to." He said back slowly as if he wasn't even sure of his answer.

"All right then.", the man began to talk again and told them both that they enjoyed the rice cake, which made you realize that the woman in dark red you've passed the other day probably lived here too. "How'd you know it was me?" Sae-bom asked because she didn't exactly recall handing it to him. "We never met before."

"I heard about you." He said while looking at you and the little girl beside her. "Your daughter looks just like you, she's lovely. You three look lovely together." He said quickly and shut the door when you were just about to deny his assumption. The three of you looked at each other and just laughed it out.

"Haven't you seen that man before?" Sae-bom asked Seo-Yoon, who responded. "I got in the elevator a few times with him, but it seems he's not interested in others." Seo-Yoon continued explaining the things she knew about the guy, who was a doctor.

"My mom said they both have a legal problem." Seo-Yoon said, "Perhaps it's because he just likes to be lazy." "Maybe he should consider talking to that comet man." You said, mentally laughing at the thought of the words he used on his business card, even though it wasn't that funny.

"Okay then, bye," Sae-bom said to Seo-Yoon and turned to you. "What about you?" You shifted your attention to her, "Me? I heard there's a gym on the first floor." Seo-Yoon looked at the two adults in front of her and started moving awkwardly.

"Goodbye.." She said quietly as she began walking away, maybe back to her apartment. Sae-bom nudged your shoulder and you looked at her while trying to muster up a smile, trying not to show her that you felt bad for the kid because you somewhat had a slight soft spot for kids.