Chapter 16 - Crossing the Border

Running along the border of the territory was familiar and I missed it. Elliot popped into my head, of course I missed him too but he was pulling away. He wasn’t going to fight for me.

My heart felt heavy in my chest and I pushed myself to run faster.

I ran for a good half hour before I slowed and that was when I noticed that I wasn’t on our land anymore. Fear rang through my body as my fur stood up, I need to get back to my land as fast as possible. I sprinted back the way I came, I heard growling and felt my blood go cold as something pricked my leg, pulling me back.

I whimpered and fell to the ground my leg screaming in pain. I turned to see three large wolves along with a human. “Out for a run wolfie.” The human laughed darkly while a brown wolf held me down. I whimpered in pain again when I felt him clench his jaw, driving his teeth deeper into my leg.

‘Audrey!’ Elliot frantically asked.

‘HELP ME!’ I screamed as I watched the wolves circle me as the wolf gripped harder and the human laughed.

“Oh, we’ve been waiting for you, Audrey.” The guy gave a hearty laugh and I gasped, he knew me. How? Uh maybe because you’re the Strongest Alpha’s only daughter. Who doesn’t know you? I know it might sound conceited but we really were the biggest and strongest pack, not to mention we’re in charge of protecting Elliot and Carson, the royals.  

Something hard hit my head and everything went black.

Hours later I stirred and heard growling from beside me.  I groaned trying to move my hands but it wasn’t working, they were stuck. I opened my eyes to a dimly lit room but the thing my eyes fell onto was a pair of brown eyes staring at me, pleading.

“Where are we?” My voice croaked out.

“I’m not quite sure.” She whispered quietly.

I looked around and groaned when I turned my head. I felt sore everywhere. Where the hell I’m I?

Elliot’s POV

If she doesn’t answer her phone I swear... I growled and pressed call again. I can feel her nervousness, anger and helplessness. “Shit.” I  mumbled crushing my phone in my hand. Why isn’t she answering me? Is something wrong? Is she hurt? What do I do?

‘Is she alright?’ I sent to to Aaron helplessly.

‘She’s fine El, she’s out for a run. She got into a fight with dad, she just needs to cool down. I’ll have  her call you when she gets back.’

‘Why did she fight with her dad?’ I asked my heart hammering in my chest.

He sighed, ‘you. She loves you and she not happy because he’s keeping you guys apart.’

I sucked in a deep breath and then asked wearily, ‘What happened?’

‘I’m not even sure, dad stormed into the house and Audrey ran off.’ He sighed.

My heart lept and a nagging feeling surrounded me, ‘She’s alone?!’ I panicked. ‘Please tell me she not alone.’ I pleaded.

‘I’m sure she’s fine, this is Audrey were talking about.’ He laughed.

‘I guess, keep me posted.’

‘Will do.’

I sighed again and went inside. “Sorry.” I heard Emma whisper as I ran into her.

“It’s fine Emma.” I smiled slightly, she looked like she'd been crying. I wanted to comfort her, I did but I feel like she’d take it the wrong way.

“Is...she still gone?”

I nodded, once again my heart turning heavy, “yeah.” I barely managed.

“Did you even...when you said you love me,” She took a deep breath, “did you mean it?” He voice broken as she looked up and met my eyes.

I felt bad. Her eyes were swimming with tears and I gave a sharp shake of the head and thats when she broke down completely. “I’m sorry.” I hugged her and she wrapped her arms around me. “I’ve always been in love with Audrey. Even when we were younger, I dated other girls because I wanted be one of those guys girls wanted. I didn’t want to be with one girl for the rest of my life, but I compared every girl to her so it was hopeless. You were the first girl that I tried harder with because I liked you as a person and I think I might have forced it to much.”

“And you realised you loved her more than any other person.” She whispered and I nodded.

“Why do I feel this strong connection to you?”

“I’m not sure, but I’m going to find out why Audrey and I have two. I’m sorry we had to drag you into this, hopeful you’ll be able to find another mate. Your true mate.”

“Yeah.” She sighed and then walked away. I really did hope she found her true mate. I still care for her and want her to be happy like me and Audrey.

Well in the future, hopefully.

I felt a sharp pain in my leg, and Audrey's pain and fear spread through me. Shit, somethings wrong. ‘Audrey!’ I sent urgently, praying she’d answer me.

‘HELP ME!’ She shouted. I didn’t get time for relief I was terrified.

‘Audrey? Audrey? Seriously answer me.’ I shouted but I didn’t get anything but I could feel that she was scared and hurt.

‘Alpha.’ I questioned as I ran to my car and booked a flight to them.

‘Elliot.’ He growled but I ignored it.

‘Audrey’s in trouble, I can feel it.’ I told him speeding forward.

‘What. That’s impossible she just out for a run.’

‘Alone.’ I growled getting angry, why won’t he believe me? She could be dying. ‘Please sir, she’s hurt and in danger. We’re mates, I’m royal, we know what our mates are feeling and she’s in trouble, please.’ I pleaded

‘Fine but you don’t leave the pack house, understood.’

‘Alpha-.’ I began to protest.

‘Don’t leave the pack house and I might let you see my daughter again.’ He growled again, how can he do this? She’s hurt and he’s lecturing me.

I shook my head and turned the car around, ‘Fine but bring her back to me. Please.’ I added.

These next few hours were going to be hell and the next few days, until I have her in my arms again.

I don't like this chapter and it's really short but here you go anyways....:) Thoughts?