"Hon are you ok? Saan ka pupunta?"

"Sa lugar na kung saan wala ka." Irene said at tinanggal ang kamay ni Greggy.

"Hon ano ba." Greggy calmly said. This time hinarap niya si Greggy.

"B-bakit kailangan mo sisihin yung anak ko Gregorio? Bakit k-kailangan mo saktan yung kaisa isa kong babaeng anak?" Irene cried. Nanghihina pa siya sa kanyang sugat ngunit kailangan niyang komprontahin ang asawa niya.

"N-nandun siya G-greggy. Nandun siya nung dinugo ako. Nandun siya at ipinag tanggol ako. Ikaw dapat yung nandun pero hindi naman kita sinisi eh. Yung anak ko nandoon para saakin." Irene sobbed and slowly sat down as her wound stings in pain.

"Sinisi mo siya t-tapos p-pinagbuhatan mo siya ng kamay ni minsan hindi ko nagawang saktan ng pisikal ang anak ko!" sigaw niya.

"O-oo nasisi ko siya pero pinagsisihan ko ng isang taon yun Greggy. Pinag hirapan kong pagkagtiwalaan niya ako ulit tapos sisirain mo lang ulit? Ang kapal naman ng mukha mo!"

"H-hon hindi ko sinasadya."

"P-pero sinaktan mo siya eh. Sinaktan mo yung anak ko!" Irene cried. Imee consoled her sister. They know where Cassy is already as Imee threatened her maids. Dahan dahan tumayo si Irene at naglakad palabas.

"I-irene please."

"G-give me some time Greggy. G-give me some time." Irene calmly said and left.

Cassy's POV

I just finished eating and cleaned what I used. I feel extra sad today. Bakit naman ganon yung nararamdaman ko tinatry ko maging masaya tapos ganito? I was thinking about life when my eyes landed on the piano.

It's been years since I played the piano, maybe it's time? Tinaas ko ang sleeves ng hoodie ko. I sat in in the chair and placed my fingers on the note. I played a random song that even I was surprised. I also sang along that made my heart broke more.

When the rain is blowing in your face
And the whole world is on your case
I could offer you a warm embrace
To make you feel my love

With every note I hit, the more I miss Mommy. Bakit kasi kailangan umabot sa ganitong sitwasyon?

When the evening shadows and the stars appear
And there is no one there to dry your tears
I could hold you for a million years
To make you feel my love

I can feel my tears streaming down my face. Naiyak nanaman ako. Ilang araw na ako naiyak.

I know you haven't made your mind up yet
But I will never do you wrong
I've known it from the moment that we met
No doubt in my mind where you belong

Mahal ko si Daddy pero hindi ko talaga kaya yung mga sinabi niya. Tama siya wala talaga akong kwenta.

I'd go hungry, I'd go black and blue
I'd go crawling down the avenue
No, there's nothing that I wouldn't do
To make you feel my love

Sana kahit di ako kasama ni Mommy sana ok lang siya. Kahit hindi na ako maging ok basta maging ok lang siya.

The storms are raging on the rolling sea
And on the highway of regret
The winds of change are blowing wild and free
You ain't seen nothing like me yet

I am continouosly singing and playing the piano like my tears who's continously.

I could make you happy, make your dreams come true
Nothing that I wouldn't do
Go to the ends of the Earth for you
To make you feel my love

I ended my song with tears.

"C-can I make you feel my love now mahal ko?" I heard a voice. A familiar voice. Nilingon ko ang taong nagsalita and I was not mistaken.

"M-Mommy."

................

Irene's POV
The moment I went to Manang's house I felt something strange already. I felt the aura is full sadness. Manang Jun assisted me in entering the house and to my surprise my daughter was playing the piano and singing. Make You Feel My Love is our favorite song.

I'm a musician myself and I know with how she sings that my baby is in pain. I can hear her soft sniffles and sobs. I'm sorry baby. I'm sorry if walang nagawa si Mommy para maipagtanggol ka. She ended the song with her sad tone and I grabbed the opportunity to talk to her.

"C-can I make you feel my love now mahal ko?"

"M-mommy." She stood up.

"W-why are y-you here?" She went to me and a-assisted me in sitting down. I think she knows my situation.

"Y-you're supposed to be resting at h-home. T-teka tatawagan ko sina kuya." She panically said. She is hiding her face to me as she is just bowing her head. She was about to get her phone when I grabbed her wrist.

"O-ouch!" she exclaimed. There I saw cuts. Fresh cuts.

"O-oh my god anak! T-teka these are fresh. Manang!" I shouted napahawak naman ako sa sugat ko dahil nakirot ito.

"Maam?"

"Pakuha ako ng first aid kit atsaka cold compress. Salamat." Manang nodded and went to get the things. Hinayaan kong umupo ang anak ko sa tabi ko at tinignan ang mga sugat na ginawa niya. Naalala ko ang sugat niya sa mukha. I gently cupped her face and saw the wound beside her lips. Also freshed. Halatang hindi na agapan ng first aid.

"I-im sorry baby. H-hindi mo dapat to naranasan. H-hindi ka man lang naipagtanggol ng Mommy. Anak I'm sorry." I cried as I gently caressed her face. Her tears started to fall again and she shook her head.

"N-no Mommy. I'm sorry. I'm s-sorry k-kasi nawala s-si Jake. I'm s-sorry kasi.... kasi muntikan ka pa mawala saamin. I-it's a-all m-my f-fault Mommy. I-it's my fau-"

"Shhhh." I cutted her off and pulled her in a hug.

"Anak hindi mo kasalanan. P-please stop blaming yourself mahal ko. Y-you saved M-mommy's life. Y-you saved me anak." I said to her. I placed her head in my chest and still hugging her.

"Y-you don't deserve this anak. Y-you just d-did the right thing. I-I'm s-sorry if your dad hurted you anak. P-pasensya ka na. H-hindi ka naprotektahan ng Mommy." There I burst out. I can't imagine the pain my daughter is feeling. Walang wala sa kirot ng sugat ko. We are grieving we are in pain.

I broke our hug and cupped her face.

"F-from now on hindi ka na iiwan ni Mommy. M-mommy will not let anyone hurt you anymore. W-wala ng p-pwedeng manakit sayo. H-hindi na papayag si M-mommy masasaktan ka ulit. A-anak h-hindi n-na ako papayag na s-sasarilihin m-mo yung mga p-problema mo. A-andito na ang Mommy. H-hindi ka na iiwan ni Mommy." I cried and kissed her forehead.

"M-mommy. I'm s-sorry." She whispered.

"Shhh. Tahan na anak. Stop saying sorry na. It was never your fault." I looked in her eyes and wiped her tears. Kinuha ko ang first aid kit at nilagyan ng gamot ang mga sugat sa kamay ng anak ko. After I put some bandaids on I hurriedly grabbed the ice pack and put some cold compress to her face. Iniiwas iwas niya mukha niya at halatang naiiyak siya sa sakit.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Are the only words I can utter as she is in deep pain. After a few minutes, I applied some antibiotics to the wound. Inayos na ni Manang ang ginamit ko at kinuha ang gamit ko upang maayos na sa kwarto.

I held my daughter's hand to get her attention.

"Dito muna si Mommy anak. Tayong dalawa muna ngayon ok. Ikaw ang priority ni Mommy ngayon." I said to her and cupped her face. She just nodded. I pulled her into a hug again and kissed her lips and forehead.

Ikaw muna ngayon anak. Si Mommy naman ang babawi.

Author's Note:
And chapter 20 is out! Hope you guys enjoyed chapter 20! Light na yan ha? Hope you guys are safe and healthy! Road to 16k Reads na us! Thank you so much! Ily all!
- C 🌸