Chapter VI - Begging

Start from the beginning

"To be fair, I would be fairly disappointed to be rescued by Peter as well," I added my thoughts, humbling Peter is the very least I can do as his brother. Especially since we are in Narnia, once the word of the High King gets around he'll have forty councilmen living up his arse telling him how great he is and how shiny his hair is.

No one ever tells me how shiny my hair is.

"Why were they trying to kill you, anyway?" Lucy asked, very concerned for her country's new state.

"They're Telmarines. That's what they do." The gingery spitfire got to his feet.

"Telmarines? In Narnia?" Peter questioned.

The dwarf squinted towards Peter and I couldn't tell if it was because the sun was in his eyes or he thought Peter might be the greatest dimwit he had ever come across. "Where have you been for the last few hundred years?"

"It's a bit of a long story.." Lucy chipped in.

His eyes suddenly traced all four of us, officially stopping and staring when he noticed Rhindon as Susan returned it to Peter before his swim. His features turned to aw.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me." He groans, looking up at all four of us. "You're it? You're the Kings and Queens of Old?"

Peter extended his hand, "High King Peter, the Magnificent."

Exhibit A: Why Peter Needs to be Humbled.

"You probably could've left off the last bit," Susan said what we were all thinking.

The dwarf chuckled, his mood changing to... dare I say gitty? "Probably."

"You might be surprised." Peter took out his sword, always with something to prove. Can't he be normal and just show his royal seal ring or something?

"You don't want to do that, boy." The dwarf warned.

"Not me. Him."

I did not ask for his. I just sit here and Peter pulls me into something. I admit the first time around in Narnia I may have caused one or two problems but  I was going for not starting a war this time around. Now I get put into a duel two hours in.

And now, I can't refuse, because then I look like a chicken.

I take my sword out of the shield, strangely feeling a sense of pride. The sword acted as if I had never left, feeling the same way it always does. That was enough to light the adrenaline in my veins and start feeling at home again.

Peter handed Rhindon to the dwarf, who pretended like he couldn't hold its weight. If the dwarf knew anything I should know that Ashton was too good of a teacher to let me underestimate him and also better at acting.

He tried to make a sudden movement to surprise me, but it failed. My reflexes took over before my brain fully comprehended what needed to be done. I swung back, the speed and strength would have sent him back into the river if he had no experience. He fired back, taking a step to the side. That left him open, especially since the sword required two hands. I seized the opportunity, shoving my sword in and up. Rhindon flew in the air opposite of my siblings and the dwarf fell onto his near. He looked up in amazement as he finally saw us for the first time.

I now began to wonder that if I had lost, would he have not believed us? Surely the tales of my swordplay cannot be so flattering.

"Beards and bedsteads! Maybe that horn worked after all."

Susan's ears were perked. "What horn?"

╣╠