Life At Its Greatest

"Please save me.............. "Greg stated to the depressed but beautiful Janet.

"I'm sorry"she whispered to him,"I'm sorry."

She took her twelve gauge to his head and she pulled the trigger.

"I'm sorry."she replied to the dead body.

I am the only child left in our group other than my sister, Janet. My name is Carlos Valianto, but people call me Vex for my mothers last name. I am 12 and three months (if you wanted to know) with only my dad and my sister to protect me. We are in a group of twelve people, not counting us. They are all men....

My dad tells me to stay away from the woods.

"It is too dangerous for you Vex," he whispers to me,"I can't loose you like we lost mom."

We had lost mom in the first wave. She had gone to the store that morning to get bread and we lost her when they overran the city.

Janet just returned to the small apartment covered in, not only zombie gore,but also blood. Dad goes to his child and asks what happened. Where was Greg (the geek if you ask me),her boyfriend?

She told the he was infected and she saved him the misery.

---------------------------------------------

§§§

Greg had been like an older brother to me. We played my first game of soccer with him watching from the bench with my sister in his lap. They were always together. They never split up unless it was going from geometry to Spanish where they had to wait until honors English. I once took Janet's phone and saw the things they texted each other. I may have been scarred for life if I hadn't read her diary.

We only had three weapons, our father's .22 rim fire automatic,my t-ball bat from my closet,and Greg's old hunting knife. I never had shot the .22 but I had a BB gun when I was 10 until I shot out the back window of my moms truck(yes I said truck)when I aimed for our next door neighbor's dog,Crook.

---------------------------------------------

Alright. I'm working on chapter one now.