✞︎┆⁰⁹· get this ⛥·˚

Start from the beginning

"when i saw everyone laughing at her, i admit, i got goosebumps." luca said while caressing his arms. "i was so shocked that i couldn't move. i never thought i would see something that worse in my whole life."

"and that's how y/n felt too, ike. no matter how used she said she was." shu added.

"we're back!" mysta said and glanced at shu.

shu nodded. mysta was relieved and nodded back.

"how was it in y/n's room?" vox asked.

"they were quiet. i think they were still surprised." mysta replied.

"y/n. are you alright?" luca asked.

"huh? oum, i'm alright. don't worry." y/n said with a smile and a soft tone. it was already enough to make everyone worried, at least.

the words spread fast. they thought when the cafeteria was silenced upon their entrance.

they all went to get food, leaving y/n alone on the table they used to seat at since day one.

although she was waiting for the guys... it actually felt lonely. again.

ike was right. i... i can't depend on them too much. i have to stand up on my own. she thought as her fist balled under the table.

y/n lifted her hands, ready to slap her own cheeks again when someone held her wrists.

"hi."

y/n blinked. "hello, kaicho."

"were you about to slap yourself?" he asked.

"yes..?" y/n replied and subconsciously glanced around, only to see people staring, curious about you being with the school council president...

"you should go, kaicho."

"did something happen?" he again asked. "ah. was it about what happened in your room today?"

looking at shoto while throwing y/n's head back is making her neck ache. and it's a weird position too.

"yes... ike told me they won't be here forever to stand up for me. what happened in the room was below the belt, they said. i should've stood up for myself." y/n explained.

"i'll be the one with you forever, then."

"w-what?"

"it's true that you have to stand up for yourself." shoto said. "i'm sorry, leto. i should've been there when they were doing something to you, but i chose to be blind and focus on getting the student council chair."

"it's fine, you don't have to say sorry." y/n softly said. "i'm not your business to begin with, so you don't have to get caught up in it."

"but still—!"

"if you did, you'll mess up the image you've earned for years just to reach the student council. it would've been harder for me to pursue the president to vouch for the occult club if it's not you..." y/n added.

shoto slowly let go of the lady's wrists.

"and besides... i'm used to it." y/n mumbled.

"i can help." shoto said. "self-defense, martial arts, you name it. sooner or later we can both kick some asses! or maybe you could slay demons with me."

y/n flinched a little bit. "u-uhm, no thank you." knowing that vox is an actual demon, hearing shoto saying that is now different.

shoto just smiled and gave y/n a head pat. "then i'll..."

"i'll take care of it, leto."

shoto then left y/n after he saw the five boys coming back. two student council members immediately went back to his side before they left the cafeteria.