"I don't think he's lying," Natasha says.

"He knew my father's name," Kennedy mutters as she looks up at Natasha, "He knew yours as well."

"Ivan," Natasha says, "My father's name was Ivan. Thirty-nine years and I haven't thought of him once. And the day that I – today's the day that I learn his name."

Kennedy didn't miss what Natasha said. She knew it with every fiber in her body that Natasha would sacrifice herself for her. To save the world. The thing that Natasha didn't know was that Kennedy wasn't going to let her do that.

"Thanos left here with the stone and without his daughter," Natasha says, as she sits down beside Kennedy, "We assumed that he had just killed her, but he threw her down there so that he could get that stone."

"Whatever it takes," Kennedy mutters as she looks over at Natasha.

There's a small smile on Natasha's lips as she looks over at Kennedy, "Whatever it takes."

"We have to get that stone," Kennedy says, "Because if we don't get that stone, billions of people stay dead. This is one life over billions."

"I don't disagree," Natasha says as she looks at Kennedy.

Kennedy and Natasha sit in silence. Only one of them was making it back home and Kennedy couldn't imagine making it back home without Natasha, living in a world without Natasha. Call her selfish, but she couldn't do it.

Which meant that she knew how this had to end.

She stood up and Natasha looked at her, quickly rising to her feet as well, "Kennedy, what are you doing?"

"You and I both know how this ends," Kennedy states, "We need that stone which means only one of us can return home."

"Kennedy," Natasha warns.

"There isn't another way," Kennedy states shaking her head, "I have thought of everything and there – there isn't another way."

Kennedy looks at her hand and slides her ring off of her finger, holding it out to Natasha who stares at it. She shakes her head, looking at the ring and then at Kennedy, "No."

"Natasha," Kennedy says, "Take it."

"I am not letting you die!" Natasha yells, "I am not losing you! Do you hear me?"

"Natash-"

"Shut up," Natasha orders as she closes Kennedy's hand around the ring, "If someone has to go, it is not going to be you, okay? This is my job, this is what I do. You weren't even supposed to be here."

"I'm here because I made our daughter a promise," Kennedy states, "I told her that I would make sure that her mother got home. Not me. You."

Natasha's brows furrow, "Do you think that she wants to lose you?"

"Obviously she doesn't," Kennedy responds, "But I made her a promise."

"Yeah?" Natasha asks, "Well I made your mother a promise."

"Yeah well Diana's wishes trump my mother's," Kennedy responds, as she shoves her hand out to Natasha, "Take my ring. Give it to Franklin or whichever of our kids falls in love and decides that they want to propose."

"Give it to them yourself," Natasha tells her.

Kennedy sighs, "Must you be so difficult?"

"I'm sorry, my wife is trying to jump off of a cliff when she has a fear of heights," Natasha states sarcastically, "Should I just stand by and let her?"