Chapter 131 Choices

Wei Ying was in two minds.

Should they get involved in whatever was happening? Was it really their business? Maybe it would be prudent to wait and see what was going on.

His initial thoughts on the current leader, Juda, was that he was more a person who based his decisions on what his image looked like, and that could be something they would be able to use.

Rhouzhe, Dunshi's mother, seemed like a nice enough person, but if she really didn't want to accept Juda's proposal, Wei Ying was worried that no one would listen to them and their support for whatever she wanted, being so small in stature to the giants and their way of life. Truth be told, nothing could stop the giants from merely squishing them if they felt like it.

"What do you mean, mommy...you can’t! What about Daddy?" Dunshi was really upset about this.

"My dear boy...this is not the time to talk about that. I have stalled him and his supporters for now, to buy us some time...I have a few weeks left." Rhouzhe looked back to see Juda entering another room. "Come...or else he'll get angry."

They hurried to follow after the leader.

"Dunshi, don't worry, okay? And don't upset Juda for now, let him tell you everything." Wei Ying cautioned, just before they all entered the same room as the leader.

Dunshi had nodded, before trying to clear his expression.

This room was a kitchen, but a really nice one. A long table made out of wood, light golden in colour, stood along one side with matching carved chairs twelve in all, lining both sides, six apiece. A black pair of exactly the same design were at the top of the table and the bottom. These two chairs were lavish with the engraved patterns of flowers and birds.

Juda clapped his hands and sat on one end, motioning Rhouzhe to sit at the other end, and Dunshi to sit in the middle.

"I have missed my mommy." Dunshi said, stubbornly sitting right next to his mother.

"Ah...that's to be expected." Juda replied, after missing his cue. He had hidden his scowl and hoped that no one had seen it.

Next to Dunshi, they placed a bowl upside down that could double as a table. And then they piled coins on top of one another to act like stools to be sat upon.

The ten guests sat around the bowl, fully aware of their sizes now, and their vulnerability here among people who were so much bigger and stronger than themselves.

The situation would have been funny if not for the seriousness of their guests. Wei Ying was still uncertain of Juda's opinion of them; did he think they were important? Probably not, but it wouldn't hurt to test the waters.

"I have cutlery." Hongse said, opening her qiankun pouch. She also brought out bowls and plates. "I also have congee left over."

Suddenly Wei Ying was very glad about that. They weren't at all sure what the giants ate regularly, since Dunshi had been studiously feasting on a single leaf whenever he felt hungry, and Wei Ying thought that might have been something reserved for travelling only.

"That sounds good." He said, not prepared for everyone to stop fidgeting and stare at him instead. "What?"

"You usually complain about congee." Hongse De remarked.

"Yeah...usually...but maybe I've gotten so used to it, that I don't want to try anything else right now." He defended himself. "I don't feel like anything spicy."

They all continued staring at him as if he'd grown another head.

"What??" He scowled.

"Wei Ying can eat whatever he feels like." Lan Zhan said, but it was aimed pointedly at everyone else, and they promptly began talking about other things.