Bonfire

After breakfast, we got a call from Jake's mom saying she was having a bonfire later tonight and wanted us to come over. I went upstairs to give Seph a bath and pick out an outfit for her to wear to Karen and Kelly's. "This one is perfect," I say to myself. I grab a light blue onesie that says "Daddy's little rockstar" with a guitar on it, and put it on the baby. Once I get her dressed, Jake takes her downstairs and starts doing her hair. He softly brushes it up into two little pigtails while she giggles at all the goofy faces he makes to keep her sitting still. As I'm watching them, all I can think about is how much she looks like Jake. They have the same upturned nose and big brown eyes that fill my heart with love. "Can you guys play with Seph while we get ready?" I ask Sam. "Of course we can," he responds. "Come here you wittle cutie pie."
     I walk back upstairs and get in the shower. While I'm showering, I hear the door open and peek my head out of the curtain to see Jake with a towel wrapped around his waist. "Got any room in there?" He asks with a smirk. "I guess I can make some," I say sarcastically. He drops his towel and steps into the shower. I grab the shampoo and start massaging it into his long brown hair. He tips his head back into the water to rinse it out. When I finish conditioning his hair, he turns around and says, "Your turn." He begins gently running his fingers through my hair. He then grabs the bottle of coconut vanilla body wash and squeezes it into his hands. He starts on my back and shoulders, and slowly makes his way down. Feeling his warm and soft hands on my body, I let out a sigh. He kisses me passionately and I feel my stomach flutter as if a thousand butterflies are flying around in my belly. Just then Sam knocks on the door and yells, "Are you two done in there? I gotta take a piss!" Jake looks at me and sighs in annoyance. "Yeah, we're coming. Give us a sec."
     When I get out of the shower, I throw on a pair of ripped flare jeans, a white tank top, and a striped button-up over top. "Babe, did you get Seph's diaper bag packed?" I ask Jake. "Yep. I threw in some extra clothes just in case." "Awesome, let's get going." We go downstairs where Sam and Louise are playing with the baby. "See you at Mom's?" Sam asks Jake. "See you at Mom's," he confirms. Jake grabs Seph and buckles her into the car seat while I pull up the address on my phone.
     After about a thirty minute drive to Karen and Kelly's, we pull in the driveway at the same time as Sam and Lou. We get out of the car and walk into the front door. Immediately, Jake's sister Ronnie comes running up to me and gives me a big hug. "Hello, gorgeous," I say. "I missed you guys," she says, hugging Jake. "How's my beautiful niece doing today?" she asks while grabbing the baby out of his arms. Karen comes out from the kitchen and greets us with hugs. "Hi, momma," Jake says, kissing her on the cheek. "Your dad is in the backyard grilling," she says.
     We walk into the backyard where Sam and Lou are playing cornhole and Kelly is flipping steaks on the grill. I say hi to Kelly and lay down a blanket in the grass to sit with the baby while Jake talks to his dad. Just then Josh, Danny, and Kenzie arrive at the house. "I brought some accommodations," Josh holds up a cooler and sets it down by the grill. "Hello, pretty girl," Danny says while picking the baby up off of the blanket.
     After we ate dinner and the sun began to set, Josh started the fire and everyone gathered around the pit. Seph had fallen asleep in Ronnie's arms after drinking a bottle, and Jake got out his guitar and started strumming the chords to 'Flower Power.' We all joined in with Josh to sing, and before we knew it, it was midnight.