Falcon

Ellie's POV

"Cloud, would ya want a friend? Like, a boyfriend, maybe?" I ask.
She neighs eagerly.
"Well, I'll get you one." I say and close the stables. I walk to the front door and open it.
"Where are you going?" asks Hannah.
"You'll see." I say with a mysterious smirk and close the door behind me.
I drive down to the stables and I see the tall man when I get out of my car.
"Ellie, you're back. What brings you here?" He asks.
"I need a horse, a male horse. So, a stallion." I say.
"Well, we've got plenty of those." He says as he leads me to them.
"This one is Rafael, This one is George, This is Racer..."
"What about this one?" I ask, pointing at a jet black stallion with a white stripe on its face.
"Oh, that's Falcon. His mate died and so he was entrusted with the foal. If ya want him you gotta get the foal. 'Er name is Star."
"I'll take them. Just let me get to know 'em." I say nearing the stall of Falcon and his foal.
I let Falcon sniff my hand and then I stroke his nose.
"How does she do it...?" I hear him say, but I don't reply.
I let Falcon out of his stall, and the foal comes after him. I stroke Star's little mane.
"Definitely, I'll take him. Could you ride him over to our house with his foal? I want it to be a surprise for Hannah."
"Why not?" he says cheerily.

I drive back to the beach house and walk inside to see Hannah.
"So, you said that I'll see? Where is 'it?'" Hannah asks.
The man pulls into our driveway. "Right here." I walk outside and let the horses out of the trailer and bring them to our backyard. Hannah looks stunned.
"Nice surprise." She says.
"Thanks." I say as I show the horses their stall.