Too Much

Friday comes around quick. Too quick. Before he knows it, Chenle is practicing in the Golden State stadium the day before his California debut.

He remembers what his manager told him in the car. 'Deep breaths, don't get intimidated.'

Easy for him to say. Chenle sighs, he met up with a few of the other guys on the team. They're welcoming and nice enough. It's just... different.

Soon enough, the whole team is there warming up. 15 hours until the game. Chenle might go insane.

"Hey." Someone says, Chenle looks up quickly from where he's sitting on the ground. Klay Thompson, Chenle recognizes him.

"Oh," he gets up, wanting to seem kind for his first impression, "Hi! I'm Zhong Chenle." Klay smiles, shaking Chenle's hand.

"Nice to have you on the team." He leaves to go back on the court and Chenle cant help but scream internally. He just met Klay Thompson and he said it's nice to have him on the team?! 

He hopes his smile isn't too noticeable.

Its going well. He had no need to be worried. That was until he looked to the opposite side of the court. There, he saw a man shooting a half-court shot and swishing it. With ease. 

Chenle could feel his face warming for no reason. His heartbeat starts quickening at dangerous speeds as the man walks towards him. This is bad.

"Hey you're the new kid!" He says with a smile on his face. Chenle swallows hard. Stephen Curry (AKA his biggest inspiration to go pro) is currently speaking to him.

"Oh um uh, hi!" He responds awkwardly. This is where his cool composure will surely fall apart. 

His face is beet red, he can tell by how hot he feels. If Stephen can tell too, he doesn't comment on it.

"Good luck tomorro-"

"Thank you!" Chenle doesn't mean to interrupt, "Oh my god I'm sorry. I'm not that good at speaking and its really loud in here-" He catches himself in his rambling and stops. He feels like running away and crying.

The older man laughs and pats Chenle on the back.

"You sound nervous. Wanna get drinks later?" He asks kindly. Chenle almost melts. He just got invited to drinks by the Stephen Curry?!

"Oh wow, I mean, I don't drink that much but I'd love to go with you!" Stephen pulls out his phone and hands it to Chenle.

"Here, type your number in. Ill text you after practice." Chenle carefully takes his phone and puts in his contact information. He cant believe this is happening right now.

Stephen walks away and Chenle is left standing in complete shock. His heartbeat is pounding and all he can here is Stephens voice in his head. 

He goes back to where he was sitting and chugs his water bottle, still struggling to process what just happened. 

How is he supposed to play basketball in these conditions.