Chapter one

Kate was bored. So bored. Christmas with the Bartons was over and she had to return back to New York, because Clint and Laura wanted to spend some time with the kids. So she went home, back to her lonely and miserable life alone. Her apartment was still unlivable and she didn't want to live in her mom's apartment.

It still hurt, knowing her mother was apart of King Pins gang and that she hired Yelena to kill Clint. She just didn't understand why. Why she did this to her. And she was mad at herself. For trusting her mom and believing that she was pure and good and an honest person. Well she was wrong. So wrong.

So she took an old and small apartment downtown, which was actually too small for her and Pizza dog and all her Hawkeye stuff, but she took it, because she didn't want to be homeless in New York right before New Years Eve.

It was the evening before New Years Eve and Kate layed on her couch, watching Friends with Lucky the Pizza Dog laying beside her. She had Pizza this evening - what a surprise. She thought about Clint and Laura and the kids and how much fun they must have right now. But she had no fun. Not after the disaster with her mother. Her friends didn't call back or text back and when she sees someone she knows on the street, they pretend to don't know her. It was awful. She felt awful. But hey - she was rich now. No - richer than before. Her mothers trial agreed to give the company and it's money to her - Kate now lonely and without friends, next Hawkeye without missions and slightly gay and depressive Bishop.

Yes she was gay. Bi to be correct, but mostly attracted to the feminine side of the population. Everyone she knew close knew, Clint and Laura now too. They were very accepting. Especially Laura, who wasn't so straight herself. They had a talk during a bonfire they made with the kids. She was really happy with the Barton family while it lasted. And during the time she realized, that she spend a whole amount of time thinking about a certain blond and definitely too hot to be true assassin.

And that's what she was doing again. Thinking about Yelena and her beautiful features and cute little pout. Until she heard a crash and noises in her new apartment. She jolted up and grabbed her bow and an arrow leaning against her nearest wall. She followed the noise into her bedroom. She raised her bow and aimed at a person in an dark outfit standing in her bedroom, their face dark in the shadows.

„Hey! Who are you? Hands up or I'll shoot!"
„Kate Bishop, put down the bow now shall we. You don't want to kill your favorite assassin no?"
„Yelena?!" Kate was more than surprised to see the woman she was thinking about the whole holidays standing in her bedroom, smirk on her lips.