🐈💜Sinox x Panther P2!

There will not be an alternate bad ending to this even though it was storyboarded 😭

This is off... I'm pretty sure I saw a light flash even though I had my eye closed to be honest it kind of hurt, being conscious just hurts. I slowly opened my eyes half lidded and quickly looked around I was on the floor as I had remembered I was before I passed out probably, ways before the caves as I could see the crystal clip off against the wall as it toppled over me it looked slightly slitted, but I didn't bother investigating it I'm sure I wouldn't find much resigning in a CRYSTAL... I squinted my eyes at the look of the bright light something rather dry was sticking to my eye all the way down to my cheek, unwittingly keeping it in one place and making it a pain to move it. I sighed and collectively tried to refresh everything up to where I had passed out, I couldn't really think straight, I didn't know where I was, I didn't know what happened to my face, and I certainly didn't know who could be staring at me with judging or rather curious eyes. And then it hit me. Right, the attack or should I say, 'fight that I deliberately lost.' Trying to look at it from a different point of view makes it seem as if I was the victim but I'm just trying to save my own skin from people that never asked. I laid there absolutely speechless upon realizing I was injured and try blood had stuck to my fur and soared the skin. I slowly brought my paws under my chest and lifted myself slightly before giving in and leaning against a large crate, it wasn't too big, small enough to rest my elbow on.

"I'm.... Dying..." I cursed to myself as I inspected around the waist down. I looked fine, just a bad slash running along the hip. I gripped a clump of fur that propped itself along my chest and let out a loud sigh before looking back at the crystal cave, the crystals almost becoming completely mesmerizing as I stared at them with a pale expression. Not being able to think straight I just held my fur tighter before hearing a sound just behind me, tensing up before looking the other way and seeing a human slowly creeping up to me. It was one of those lab coat goons that were with the scythe maniac! They didn't look like they learned their lesson either, still unarmed and looked completely unsuspecting of any attack. But I was still afraid of course he could easily overpower me since I couldn't do a single thing with these injuries. I wiped my look of aggression to defensive as I crept back slightly.

"Chill! I just wanted to check up on you." They exclaimed as they looked deep into my eyes, keeping a well distance away from me. But... Help? ME? I almost killed this guy if it wasn't for that hazmated psychopath that shot me! Why would they want to help me? I took yet another step back as I let out a snarl, flinching towards them only to topple back again in an attempt to scare them off. They just sighed lightly before sitting down and looking away from me.

"Sorry about my friend... He gets a bit protective..." He trailed off on his words as he caught notice of the wound that almost ruined my eyesight. His focus quickly flicked away though, right after I crouched lower down and covered my eye with my tail as it swayed above the flooring. They coughed and continued on. "I know he shouldn't have done that to you." He added on as he spread his hand out far in front of me as if trying to get me to snatch it off their arm. At least I know this guy agreed with me, I mean, the guy was so close to grabbing his scythe, but he just went after a whole fucking rifle and quick sniped me out of nowhere. I'm ruined... I noticed that they had suddenly shifted closer to me and pretty much ran far back with a yelp before hiding behind a larger crate that stood between the entrance to the cave systems.

"Oh come on! I came all this way to apologize to you." They whined. I can't take this guy seriously anymore. Either he leaves or I have to. He looked at me for only a few more seconds before standing up and turning away from me, not before giving a small wave of gratitude before walking away. I still didn't trust this guy even though he apologized and left! I still couldn't trust him! For all I know he could be hiding around the corner waiting for me to make a wrong move to strike me with another gun! Or even worst. Capture me and lock me in a cage like a filthy animal... I shook the thought out of my mind and continued to stare at the door, awaiting for the sound of footsteps to properly fade or just another sound to make it's appearance. 

I stared

And stared

For a darn while.

Eventually the door opened and revealed another gootraxian... That I haven't seen? Or have I? They embraced the area around them as they stood mightily tall and let their darkish gray fur sway as the air hit them lightly, they soon yawned and looked directly down at me with a plain facial expression. It's as if they knew I was there the entire time! I tried to say something as my fur managed to stand all the way on end but all I did was stumble on them and manage to let out a very long questionable sound towards them. They raised a brow at me, and they looked somewhat disappointed. I inhaled all the air I managed to spill out and finally find the courage buried in my throat to speak.

"Ermmm... Do I know you?" I ask. Never mind, I shouldn't have spoken at all. I felt like I forgot everything after I had woken up I questioned myself multiple time in just seconds but one of the thoughts racing in my mind on a race track was, what if I actually DO know this guy? That'd be hella embarrassing.

"Man how hard did those people hit you on the head?" They retorted with a small scoff as they casually walked towards me and sat just on the frontier side of the crate, siding to where I was cowering at. Looks like I had to swim down to memory lane once again I moved slightly away from them and tried to retrace what had happened... again. But this time I remembered them sort of vividly, I already knew once again I didn't want to admit the fact that they were the only person I actually knew up to this point. Of course, from what I had remembered, Panther could take almost anything thrown at them, but I couldn't help but feel bad about the fact I acted as if I hadn't known them. I managed to lift myself up again without the grinding pain that I felt sharpening my bones and crawl beside them while avoiding their gaze.

"Find that thought yet? Or did you hit it harder than I had imagined?" They sneer as they tower their head just above mine with a nasty grin.

"Shut the hell up." I growl while crossing my arms. Panther didn't push it and just decided to lean against the crate and rest their eye lids, I hadn't expected them to just give up like that but it's better than arguing with them like this. At a near death experience and to add on to that slowly healing. I mumble curses to myself before leaning my head against their shoulder, my face scrunching up as I could feel the soars in my face. Not painful but also unbearable. I remember doing this when we had first met, it felt a lot more comfortable and nicer to be against them rather then it does right now I slumped my body from the chest up down onto their lap with a groan as I wiped a paw across my disabled eye.

"Jeez, I'm not a pillow bud." Funny because they knew exactly what was going on, they're just trying to egg on to the fact I'd probably never be comfortable around anyone and humans again. I gave a saddened sigh as I grasped my fur in my paw again and looked down at the ground as I ran my claw around it. I suddenly felt them run their claws through the large tuft of hair I had just above my head lightly as they grumbled to themselves, I could feel a rather genuine smile pain across my face as I looked up at them and we stared into each other's eyes for only a few seconds before they looked away and shoved their paw into my face. They quickly ran it from my head to back a few times as if petting me like a cat, even though I'm not actually a cat... OR a wild animal for that matter. I laid my head down on the opposite side and just tried to enjoy it for as long as it lasted I'm pretty sure I was still going to die. As if they were reading my thoughts they suddenly spoke.

"You're not going to die, are you?" They ask as their face scrunches up in disgust. "I'd rather not have a dead body laying right next to me, thanks." They added, resting a paw on my side and rubbing it with care since it had the deep cut just below. I stiffened a bit at the thought of dying like this... It made me not want to sleep until it had fully recovered. But then again I'm sure I'd be fine, I didn't die last time I'm sure this will be no different. My eyes felt heavy as I reached my paw back and firmly grabbed my tail before lifting it to my muzzle and burying my face into it for comfort.

"I hope not." I finally answer before resting down once again. They gave me a questionable look before shrugging it off and continuing to pet me. I REALLY hope not.. I want to spend more time with Panther even if it was the last moments I had, all of the people I had met before and became close with all just disappeared when I was with them. They probably didn't matter that much to me anyway I'm sure they'll be just fine without me, I just want to stay with them longer.

Re published