𝙸𝙸: 𝚄𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝙾𝚞𝚝𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚜

Start from the beginning

She took a heavy sigh looking at the crowd of high school boys with disappointment, "Hopefully you can get it in your small brains that Japan is the best when it comes to organizational skills in football, which most people see as our nation's character. But before you get any ideas, in anything else–"

"We're second rate when it comes to anything else," Ego stole the rest of her sentence as he continued talking. "I want to know something... What is football to you? A sport where you try to score goals in teams of 11 members?" He leaned forward, "„Our bounds are important"? „I will play for my teammates"? Well, that's all wrong. That way of thinking is exactly why Japan lacks football skills. I will show you what it's all about." He spoke in a scratchy tone, "Football is, at its core, a sport about scoring goals even at the expense of your teammates. The best player is the one that scores the most goals... If you want to play pretend football instead, then Lock Off."

Kira was not having it and spoke up again, "How insulting. Take those words back. Players like Honade, Kagawa, and many others... All of those who shape Japan's National Team's lineup... The value of team play instilled in the national team is the same that's part of us! They are our stars! You're wrong," He protested, speaking loud and clear, disagreeing with Ego's words.

As Ego was stretching his head trying to figure out the players Kira mentioned {Y/n} spoke up, "You mean the same people who have yet to win a single world cup? Who cares about scraps like them, I have out-ranked them winning many world cups for other teams and myself. This is about becoming the best, not some NPC who just stands there."

The white-haired became more enraged gripping his hand into a fist.

The lanky man leaned back, opening his arms wide, "Let's talk about Noel Noa, for example. He managed to win the Ballon D'or over astounding players like Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. He's talked about as if he's the best striker in the world... and in his words „I feel better losing a 3-4 after scoring a hat-trick, than winning only by 1-0 with an assist" and, one of the best football players of the 20th century Eric Cantano said this: „When the seagulls follow the trawler, It's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea". Pele Arguably the best football player in history, and winner of three world cups, once said: „The best forward? The best midfielder? The best defender" The best goalkeeper? To all those questions, I always answer: That is me"."

Ego leaned back further, "So, Whaddya think?! Awful aren't they?! But they can say those things because they are the best?! All of them are revolutionary strikers!! Their extraordinary 'Egoism' is the only thing Japan's football lacks." He stands back up, a dark shadow over his face while he fixes his glasses, "You will not become the greatest striker in the world unless you have an ego to match."

'I feel like what he's saying must be wrong...'

"My purpose here is to create such a player in Japan."

'Because... until now, no one's ever told me this...'

"From the corpses of 299 players... one hero will rise in all his glory!"

'It's impossible... Some no-name striker guy like me would never...' Isagi bit his lower lip gulping down all the doubts that he could ever come out on top, 'I'm just a random striker.'

{Y/n} cleared her throat again grabbing the people's attention "Alright, imagine this," She starts putting a finger on her head. "You are at the very finals of the World Cup playing under the eyes of 80,000 spectators in the stadium. Now you are on that very field. The score at 0-0. It's the stoppage time for the second half. The very last play. A teammate passed the ball in front of you, now it's one-on-one with the goalkeeper. But there's another teammate six meters to your right. If you pass it to him, you'll most likely get the goal, the hopes of Japan fall on your shoulders. You are at the turning point for the World Cup Finals... Without any hesitation, you shoot. If you desire that rebellious„Egoism"."