Chapter 5

Camilo's POV

I pause in the hallway and concentrate for a second. I feel my body morph into my older sister. I follow Tia out, she sets the food on the table and walks off. With a grin, I grab a plate.

As I start piling food on it, Y/n walks out. I freeze for a moment in awe of her beauty. I gulp and quickly go back to the task at hand. Get seconds. Concentrate Camilo!

Don't get lost in her gorgeous eyes, how soft her lips look glistening in the morning sun, or how her hair softly moves with a passing breeze. CAMILO! I can feel the nerves start to consume me and that's not good. The more nervous, the less control I have of my powers.

She glances at me, puzzled. Oh god, she can't tell can she? She jumps as Mirabel comes running past her, up to me.

"Dolores, hey. You know, out of all my older cousins, you're like my favorite cousin, so I feel like I can talk to you about anything, ergo you can talk to me about anything," She lowers her voice to above a whisper, "like the problem with the magic last night that no one seemed to worry about, but maybe you heard about that maybe I should know about."

My movements have slowed as she continued to talk, Y/n looks amused, I however am not. I can tell I'm about to get caught. It could be a gut feeling but it could also be the fact I see Dad and Dolores walking up.

He quickly scolds me. "Camilo! Stop pretending you're Dolores so you can have seconds." I morph back with a shrug as I mischievously grin. "Worth a shot."

Casita smacks my back with the window jamb once. My eyes widen as I quickly steady my very full plate. I start to sigh with relief and Casita smacks me again. I launch myself away from Casita, speed walking away.

I hear Y/n start to laugh, it sounds like music to my ears. I can't help but glance back. The sun shines on her, highlighting all her features perfectly. A soft smile is on her face as she listens to Mirabel and Dolores chat. I startle back to reality when Luisa places down the table. Abuela Alma walks out.

She seems agitated, "Everyone to the table, let's go... lets go!"

I take a seat next to Isabella. Y/n sits next to me with Dolores next to her. Y/n giggles when Mama sends off a warning thunder sound as Mirabel takes her seat with a sheepish smile.

"Family, we are all thankful for Antonio's wonderful new," Abuela Alma trails off as 3 coatis pop up in her seat, "gift."

Antonio grins, "I asked them to warm up your seat for you."

Felix gives his youngest son a thumbs up. Abuela Alma smiles back shakily.

"Thank you, Toñito. I'm sure today we'll find a way to put your blessings to good use." She looks over everyone. "As must we all, we are the caretakers of this Encanto."

I'm doing my best to listen to Abuela, I get so focused I kinda stop focusing. I stop focusing as my thoughts trail to Y/n again. I really do want to tell her that I love her. But how? I've never confessed to anyone before. Plus, it's Y/n, it needs to be perfect. Well, not perfect, but something she deserves, something worthy for her.

I look over as Mirabel slams a fist on the table in triumph, "YOU DO!"

Mirabel looks up in alarm at her grandmother, knowing she interrupted her speech.

"If you can't pay attention I will help you."

Mirabel starts to stammer before Abuela Alma interrupts her. "Casita."

The house moves Mirabel's chair next to Abuela Alma. Y/n and I smile at each other trying not to laugh.

She continues to speak, "As I was saying, we must never take our miracle for granted, so today, we will work twice as hard."

Mirabel chimes in, "Mhmm, I will help Luisa!"

Abuela Alma quickly shuts her down before standing up herself. "First, an announcement." She calmly walks to Dolores and Isabela as she continues, " I've spoken to the Guzmans about Mariano's proposal to Isabela. Dolores, do we have a date?"

Dolores tilts her head, listening for a moment before talking, "Tonight, he wants five babies." She calmly eats as Isabela zones out, flowers sprouting out in her hair.

Alma claps in excitement. "Wonderful, such a fine young man with our perfect Isabela," She plucks out a single white flower, leaving the purple ones. "will bring a new generation of magical blessings and make both of our families stronger."

With a great idea in mind, I nudge Y/n to grab her attention. I easily morph into a snarky Mariano and make kissy faces at Isabela. Isabela rolls her eyes before smacking me with flowers. Some end up in my mouth which I spit out.

Y/n snorts before going into a laughing fit. Everyone around starts to get up and go off to do chores. I stay sitting watching her, watching the love of my life laugh. She stops laughing and hums as she looks up making eye contact with me. I know I have a dopey smile on my face and hearts in my eyes, but I don't care. When I finally do tell her, I will never stop.

I stand and bow, holding my hand out to her, "Shall we, mi amore?"

A red tint forms on her cheeks, she softly smiles, taking my hand, "We shall." She stands. A familiar gold aura surrounds us with sparkles. We teleport. 

Hello, lovelys!! Here's another chapter, a little short, but we get Camilo's pov again!

I'm hoping to write a chapter for the Bunnymund sequel tonight but I'm not sure, as there are a few chores I have to do tonight. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

I can't wait for my sophomore year to be over, I have about a month left till summer vacation. 

--Rowan