Chapter 5

Hoshi was holding back his laughter as he looked at Franky, Loid's friend, who was dressed as a woman. He had volunteered to play the role of their mother, though he looked nothing close to the part.
     "Anya doesn't want this Mama." The pink haired child bluntly stated, causing Hoshi to bust a gut laughing.
     "Sorry Franky, but you're not going to work." Loid agreed with the small child.
    "OH COME ON!" Franky yelled in frustration,      "I can't believe I volunteered for this!" Hoshi was still laughing as the 25 year old yelled angrily.
     "Well that settles it, I'll have to find a real woman to play the part." Loid sighed, as the blond took a seat next to his oldest. Franky groaned before going off to change back into his regular clothes in the bathroom.
      "Old traditionals are the worst." Hoshi commented, referring to the board at the school who had made finding a mom mandatory.
     "I would agree." Loid mumbled.

     When Franky came back, with his regular clothes on, he carried a thick paper stack with him.
     "What's that?" Hoshi asked, curious what all the paper was for. 'I suppose we could make a "mom wanted" flyer.' the brunette thought to himself.
     "It's a record of every single woman in the city." Franky blankly stated. Hoshi stared at the pile, a tad uncomfortable now with the dead tree pile.
     'He pulled all of those records so easily' Hoshi thought to himself.
      "Now it's time to find a girl who is willing to marry a man, with two kids, in like 48 hours." Franky stated bluntly.
     "Papa am I driving Mamas away?" Anya asked as she turned away from her TV show and faced their dad.
     "No sweety, just go back to your show." Loid spoke calmly, trying to reassure his younger child.
     "Though how are you supposed to play the part of an upper class family, when your kids don't exactly fit the part either." Franky asked.
     "I suppose you're right, Anya doesn't exactly look like the part, and Hoshi is a bit too timid to act like an upper class teen. No offense." Loid responded.
     "None taken." Hoshi commented in return.

     Loid took the siblings to the local tailor to get Anya a proper outfit for the occasion, and in the meantime Loid gave a few pointers to his son.
     "Raise your voice when you speak to them, the more confident you sound the better." Loid explained.
     "I'll do my best." Hoshi spoke trying to match Loid's voice level, though he wasn't quite there.
      "We'll work on it." Loid sighed as he patted the teen's head.
     "Excuse me." A new voice spoke up startling Hoshi, the teen poked his head around his father's side and saw a very pretty young woman. She had dark raven black hair that was tied up into a crown braid, with her bangs flowing free. She had sparkling ruby red eyes, and almost snow white skin. She wore a long, crape pink capelet coat with black leggings, and tan heeled ankle boots with an open top. She looked so pretty, though lonely, and a tad of nervousness was hidden in her eyes.
     Hoshi hid back behind his father when the two adults started speaking to one another. It was almost obvious to see both wanted to ask each other something, though they stopped themselves from doing so.
      Soon Anya ran back to Loid and Hoshi, going on about how long she was. That was until her big bright green eyes landed on the pretty lady. The pink haired child stared up at the woman for a moment before busting out a little performance.
      "Oh, whoa is me!" She cried, she had clearly been paying attention to the drama Hoshi would sometimes watch on TV. "I'm so lonely without a Mama!" Hoshi caught on quickly to the six year old's act and did their best to stifle their laughter.
    "Are you not here with your wife?" The black haired woman asked, looking a bit hopeful as she spoke.
      "No, I'm afraid she passed away a couple of years ago. I've been raising these two by myself since then." Loid responded, lying through his teeth.
     "Could I ask a favor from you?" She asked suddenly.

     "You want me to pretend to be your boyfriend?" Loid asked. The lady, now known as Yor, nodded.
     "I have a party to go to on Saturday , and I accidentally told my brother I was going there with a date. I really just don't want him to worry about me." She explained, "I don't have any ulterior motives, and I promise to pay you back somehow."
     "Well, it's a long story but could you play the part of my wife for an interview in return?" Loid asked.
     "Their mother?" Yor repeated.
     "Yes, I want to honor my wife's dying wish to get my children into a good and proper school. I want my kids to have the best education possible for their future, but having two parents at their acceptance interview is a crucial part to getting them in." Loid explained, playing up the theatrics as he spoke, with dramatic hand movements as he spoke.
     "It's a deal." Yor smiled. And with that Hoshi and Anya finally had a complete family. Their father's mission was one step closer to finishing.