2

Shen Yi contemplated what he should do with his family . When his grandmother gave him a ticket for a one week vacation on a cruise ship, she didn't inform him that he will have to meet another woman to date!

No . He refused to date those women whose face were covered with thick layers of makeup, batting an eyelash on him seductively and ignoring the fact that he wasn't interested . Damn those articles!

He wasn't a gay! For fuck's sake!

At the age of thirty, Shen Yi was still single and not seeing anyone . Was there something wrong with that? Yes, there is . He was the current president of Shen Group of companies and his family was expecting him to get married and produce an heir anytime soon .

Shen Yi remembered the night he was confronted by his family about his sexual orientation . Thinking about it, he pondered where the heck did the rumors and gossips started .

"What did you say?" Shen Yi glared at his father .

"I asked you if you are a gay," He repeated his question and glared back to his son . "You don't have to hide it, son . We will understand if you could just tell us the truth . You completely lack interest in any girls that you've gone out in the past . You are my firstborn son and it hurts me to see you being alone . "

"Where the hell did this come from?"

"Father, maybe he is in denial . We should have him see someone who could bring him out from his closet . " His younger brother Shen Xue said with a laugh .

Shen Yi rolled his eyes and scoffed at their words .

"Are you going to answer my question or not?" His father asked .

"No . Why did you even think I am a gay? I feel no reason to defend myself as I know as well as you that I am not . What I choose to do with my life and whom I spend my life with isn't your business . I'm pleased with my life and have no plans to change anything on it just because of the false rumors spreading around me . "

"Yep, see, father . Told ya he wouldn't give you a direct answer . A simple yes and no would suffice . " Shen Xue looked at their father with a smirk . He then took something from the side of the table . A couple of magazines appeared on his hand and tossed it to his elder brother .

"Take a look at what they're saying about you, bro . I doubt you will like it . "

Shen Yi gave a quick scan of the articles written about him and frowned .

"You believe these nonsense and trash articles?" he hissed and threw the magazines at the other side of the room, hitting the wall with a loud thud .

"Well, you haven't seen in public with a woman for a long time . What do you expect people will think of it? You haven't dated at all . Do you really want to be alone for the rest of your life?" His father snapped . Some of their business partners were asking him subtly about his firstborn son .

"First of all, it doesn't work that way . I can't find a woman I want to be with just because I'm looking for one . Secondly, I won't date anyone I'm not interested with . Lastly, I don't really think I can be with anyone given that I don't want to hang out with everyone . See? You even have to force me to attend this dinner with you . "

"Bro, you have issues . Oh, please we're family, of course, you love us . We are only concerned about you . So… yes or no? You can confess to us . Are you gay or not?" Shen Xue insisted . His elder brother glared at him, wanting to slap the mocking grin out of his face .

"No, I am not . " Shen Yi said . "Although I'm not interested to date any woman, that doesn't mean I like to sleep with men . "

"That's reassuring . " His father sighed in relief . He thought that Shen Xue was his only hope to continue their bloodline .

"But you know, you should meet someone and try to know them . You can't possibly have a woman in your life if you won't even try to pick someone to go out with . Make some friends, go out and hang out with other people, get a life out of your office . I'm not forcing you to get a wife soon but you do know your grandmother already heard about the rumors and she would do something to rectify it . "

"And I'm pretty sure you agreed with her?" Shen Yi's eyes narrowed . His father never says no to their grandmother's wishes .

"Of course, I wanna see what she's up to and we made a little bet about it . " His father confessed .

Shen Yi looked at them with disbelief . His grandmother and father had started this tradition of betting whenever they try to set him up with someone . So far, his father was losing the game. They had set him up in a date with different women and not of them was able to get his attention.