"Let me at him, (Y/n)," Kim Dokja said calmly, but you can see the rage in his eyes— accompanied by a glint of hurt.

"No."

"Why..." He let out a soft exhale, no longer struggling against the vines preventing him from murdering someone.

(Y/n) stepped forward, covering Yoo Jonghyuk from his sight as she removed his restraints. 

"If your reasoning behind this action is what happened earlier then hit me too. After all, I am also at fault."

"For goodness sake!" He shouted, trembling in his place, whether it's from anger, sadness, or frustration— no one can tell.

"I don't want to hear it anymore. I've heard enough. You claim that you aren't defending him yet here you are, in front of me."

"Fine..." (Y/n) muttered, her hand forming a fist as she glared sharply in his direction, "Then maybe I am."

"..."

There was a moment of silence before a tear rolled down from his left eye, traveling down his cheek and falling to the ground without a sound.

"You might as well just kill me."

-•-

Yoo Jonghyuk felt like throwing up, he is ruining their relationship— her happiness.

Sometimes he makes stupid decisions, and this is one of them. He didn't know the reason for such action but he has an idea, one that he refuses to believe.

He first realized it at the theatre dungeon when he reminisced about her in his previous regressions as Kim Dokja spout all these things that no one except for himself should've been aware of.

She was there.

He wasn't alone. She was always there. Sure she tried to kill him multiple times in the beginning— but that's only because they don't know each other yet.

His sudden burst of aggravation when he saw the two holding each other's hands— Kim Dokja wearing her coat and with fucking hickeys— was the second indication.

The third one is when they kissed.

"That kiss. It meant nothing."

The most recent one, how heavy he felt when those words escaped her mouth.

Because he definitely felt something.

And if all these things aren't enough confirmation that he indeed has feelings for the girl then the author doesn't know.

And right now...

It may not be noticeable to others but he can clearly see the devastation hidden in her tough exterior.

He asks himself when was the last time he ever saw her genuinely happy?

She always smiles.

To hide her pain.

For comfort.

To express her joy for someone else's happiness.

But when did he ever see her happy— truly happy for herself?

"And what do you fucking know about trust, huh?! Is stealing memories supposed to be trusting?! This is the second time that you've broken my trust."

"But who am I kidding..." She laughed, "Why turn the situation around, right? So let's hear it... let's hear what you fucking have to say about trust."

Kim Dokja stayed silent.

"Come on, Dokja, we don't have all day. Go on... you were blabbering about it a moment ago!"

"What? Say something! You really have nothing sa— fuck, I feel... di..zzy..." Yoo Jonghyuk was fast enough to catch her before she falls to the ground.

A loud thump was heard he saw Kim Dokja laying on the cold floor.

Then it was him who blacked out last.

The three of them lying unconscious as the people in the station emerged into utter panic.

"W-What happened?!" Jung Heewon screamed, leaping towards the three.

Yoo Sangah followed behind her due to Kenji's cries. Lee Gilyoung tries to wake up Kim Dokja by shaking him, Lee Jihye does the same to Yoo Jonghyuk, and Jung Heewon to (Y/n).

But their efforts are rendered useless as there is no sign of the three waking up anytime soon— the good news is that they still have their pulse.

[ Haha, there's nothing to worry about. They had to be passed out to enter the special scenario ]

It was Bihyung.

[ Speaking of which... ]

He snapped his fingers and a massive screen-like monitor appeared in the air.

The group stepped away to see the 'monitor' clearly. It shows the unconscious (Y/n), Kim Dokja, and Yoo Jonghyuk on a theater stage with portals in front of them.

One has an apple silhouette in the middle. The second one has a wolf. And the third one has a shoe.