ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ

Start from the beginning

"you know~" Chika started with a sly smirk, "a certain someone asked about you yesterday. apparently he looked you up and has been talking about you nonstop to our vice captain"

Narine let out a laugh, "please tell me you're joking, Chika. there's no way he even remembers my name"

Iwaizumi shook his head, "she's not joking. he called me at two in the morning literally fawning over your tournament videos and brought you up in almost every conversation yesterday. I'm pretty sure he's obsessed with you now"

the blue haired girl looked at her friends with wide eyes, trying to see if they were lying, but when she realized they weren't she slammed her head against her desk, "I literally hate everything..."

Chika poked her best friend continuously, "oh it's not that bad! the star of the school Tooru Oikawa finally noticed your existence! maybe now you can finally seduce him into doing horrible at everything so that you can take the top spot!"

"his girlfriend just broke up with him because he cared more about volleyball than her, there's no way he would give it all up that easily" Iwaizumi said.

Chika pouted, "I was just trying to brighten her mood, good way to ruin it Iwa"

not long after, right before the bell rang to start class, the star known as Oikawa made his way into class.

"Fujihara~ how's my favorite karate girl doing?"

Narine looked as if she was about to pop a blood vessel from how annoyed she was, which made Chika and Iwaizumi burst into laughter. they found it funny that only Oikawa could make her this worked up by doing the bare minimum.

"shut your ass up, shittykawa" she mumbled as she laid her head back down onto the desk, "Iwaizumi control your friend please before I break his other knee"

"ouch! so mean Fujihara! you need to spend less time with Iwa and more time with me~"

Narine finally looked up at the boy, "and why would I want to spend time with you?"

Oikawa leaned against the front of her desk, "because we're both friends with Iwa and we're the captains of the best two clubs of the school! it's basically fate for us to be friends"

"i'd rather kick flip into an empty river, but it's very generous of you to finally acknowledge my presence in this world after being in the same class for three years"

Chika covered her mouth to conceal her laughter, "I think you might be more mean than Iwaizumi!"

the bell then rings, interrupting the conversation before Oikawa could respond or Iwaizumi could yell at his friends.

Narine was thankful for the bell. she didn't want to be friends with Oikawa. she just wanted to beat him. she wanted to prove that she was better than him.

++++++++++++++++++

once the final bell had rang and everyone began to leave the school, Narine stayed behind to walk with Iwaizumi to his volleyball practice.

"do you want to stay and watch today?" he asked as they neared the boys locker room.

"will Oikawa be there?" she asked, running her fingers through her long pony tail.

"yes, but he's not participating because of his knee"

"then hell no"

Iwaizumi stopped walking and stood in front of his friend, "weren't you the one complaining this morning of not having anything to do?"

Narine pursed her lips, knowing that he was right, "yes...but i'd rather not be in a room full of his little fangirls. i've had enough of their squeals for today"