Chapter 63: Final battle begins

Start from the beginning

'Nezuko, wake up. Tanjiro is in danger' A voice called out to Nezuko who was laying down asleep. In an instant Nezuko was up on her feet, her hands clenched as she looked towards the sky, like she could see something no one else could.
"Nezuko?" Urokodaki questioned.
"Nezuko what's wrong?" He asked when he realised she was staring off into space. A large bang was heard startling Uzui and Shinjuro, who were in the same place watching over Kiriya, Kanata and Kuina. They turned to see Nezuko running with Urokodaki following her with his hand outreached.
"What? Kamado Nezuko! Where are you going?" Uzui yelled.
"AH! This is bad! She broke down the door!" Suma yelled.
"Oyakata-sama! The demon girl has run away! What should I do?" Shinjuro enquired.
'Why? What's going on? What should I do? I don't know. Is she being manipulated by Muzan? No that can't be it or has the medicine returned her to being a human? No....If that was the case, Sakonji would have caught her. We have to go after her,' Kiriya panicked.
"Right now Nezuko-chan-" He started but was cut off as his Father's hands gently touched his shoulders.
'You can leave Nezuko alone, she's alright' Oyakata said to his son.
"Who should follow Nezuko-chan?" Kuina asked.
".....No there's no need," Kiriya said.
"Huh? But if Nezuko-chan gets caught by Muzan, there will be no turning back" Kanata said.
"That's right....But....But....Father said to leave her alone" Kiriya said as tears poured down his face. He now knew that his father was watching over him. Nezuko continued to run through the woods faster and faster so that Urokodaki could barely even see her.
'So fast! I can't keep up with her anymore!' Urokodaki thought. Nezuko saw a person pointing in a direction and she quickly followed the directions even if that meant jumping off a cliff down into a forest.
'To jump from this height! Was the medicine to turn her human again ineffective? Nezuko!' Urokodaki thought worriedly. Nezuko continued to run even as she slid down the side of a hill, she was determined and nothing would stop her.

Tanjiro was laying down, his condition was getting worse and worse but the three hashira were focusing on defeating Muzan.
'This sword. I need to find a new one that isn't  broken. A sword from one of the fallen water swordsmen over there' Giyuu thought as he dodged attacks.
'So fast! He can take on three people at once without stopping to breathe,' Obanai thought. Kanroji suddenly got injured followed by Giyuu and Obanai getting injured as well. Muzan didn't stop as he unleashed more attacks, he wouldn't stop until they were dead.
"So you can still move, Hashira, I suppose marked ones won't die instantly" Muzan said.
'Forget about being hit. I've got to do everything I can to stop him...' Kanroji thought before the pain made her drop to the ground with a cry.
"Kanroji!" Obanai yelled out as he looked towards her while dodging an attack.
"Just take care of yourself! Please!" Kanroji begged as she saw an attack coming towards her. She swung her sword to hopefully stop the attack but she didn't need to as something else destroyed the attack before it could reach her. Opening her eyes, Kanroji saw a spiked ball attached to a chain. A muscular arm pulled on the chain and all of them saw Himejima standing there with no haori but he was twirling the ball around again.
"Sorry for being late" He apologised, his eyebrows furrowed in anger as he looked at Muzan.
'It's the demon hunter that took out Kokushibou' Muzan thought. From behind Muzan a sword entered the top of his head and was pulled all the way down, if his regeneration was any slower he would have been split in time. Muzan turned to see Sanemi was the one holding the sword and Sanemi threw four different glass bottles at Muzan making the demon lash out and destroy the bottles. Sanemi jumped in the air to dodge the attack with his sword in his mouth as he lit a match and threw it on Muzan, setting him on fire.
"An underhanded ploy!" Muzan growled.
"This kind of thing suits you. I'll kill you! You piece of shit!" Sanemi snarled out. Murata was hidden behind some rubble and was looking towards the Hashiras.
'That guy...That guy is Muzan. The enemy of our family.....Kill him....Kill him' Murata thought.
"Murata! Tanjiro can't move! Please go treat his wounds in a safe place!" Giyuu yelled.
"Here, give him this" I said, making Murata scream in fright.
"Make him swallow all of those vials and they should help him, Genya you go and help him" I ordered and the other boy nodded.
'You remembered my name Tomioka...Ever since we were in the selection together.....There's an enormous gap between us, but our motives are the same' Murata thought. Genya had picked up Tanjiro and they were rushing to a safe place to look at Tanjiro's wounds. I had lost both my haori and mask in the collapse of the palace and my hair had also come undone from its bun leaving it in a single plait.
"MUZAN!" I roared out and everyone turned to see me. Muzan's attack instantly stopped as he took rapid steps back. Once more I was glowing so were my swords and as I took a step forward, tears started to stream down my face. But I knew, they weren't my tears.
"How long do you intend to fight like this? Do you intend to destroy everything that we once wished for? Will you once more kill off my bloodline? Will you destroy the family that I created and desperately wanted you to have a hand in raising? Please Muzan, can you just tell me why? Why are you doing this?" I sobbed as I continued to walk forward.
"Tsuki" Muzan whispered as he seemed to be caught in a flashback.
"Hikaru" Giyuu said as they looked towards me.
"No....That's not Hikaru," Sanemi said.
"You say it'll take an hour and a half for the sun to rise, I say it'll take less then an hour" I growled put, my swords ready to attack Muzan.