9. Canceled

THIRD-PERSON POV

Evelyn sat in her room, quietly collecting her thoughts about last night till the phone rang.

Evelyn got up from her bed and answered it.

"Hello?" Evelyn spoke into the phone.

"You're Evelyn Smith, right?" The person asked in a low voice.

"Uh maybe, who's this?" Evelyn questioned.

"I'm Maria Campbell, from the drama club. President of the club to be in fact. I'm the girl with orange hair and freckles, and I wear glasses to match my green eyes-" Maria was cut off by Evelyn.

"Yeah, I remember you now but if you don't me asking, why are you calling me?" Evelyn asked.

"So you know about Will Byers death and Barbara Holland's disappearance?" Maria spoke, when Evelyn didn't say anything she continued. "I talked with Mr. Brown and we came to a agreement that the play should be canceled as we don't want to lose anyone else in the poor town of hawkins."

"Oh, that's reasonable." Evelyn agreed.

"Also we might do it next year just wait for an announcement from us, and since Nancy Wheeler dropped out of the play and since you were her understudy. You'll be Juliet." Maria told Evelyn.

"Wait wha-" Evelyn was cut off by Maria saying bye.

Evelyn hung up the phone, slightly confused as she came downstairs.

"Me Juliet? No way, she has to be lying." Evelyn told herself, moments later her father came in the house.

John took noticed of his daughter and waved at her slightly before he started to take off the light bulbs and began to look for something.

Evelyn looked at her dad confused before deciding she should let her dad be, since he was a cop and that he definitely wasn't going crazy.

"Why am I a cop?" John muttered under his breath. "Ev, can you hang around with the Hendersons for a little bit? Our house might be bugged." He explained as he took down another light bulb but again, he found nothing.

"Yeah sure." Evelyn walked out of the house and walked up to the Hendersons front door, before she could even knock she was met with Ryan.

"Uh Hi." Evelyn looked up at Ryan.

"Hey, you need anything? I mean not that you can't come here if you need something, you can always come just to come, I'm sorry." Ryan apologized, Evelyn laughed lightly.

"Ryan, you don't need to be sorry but I don't really need anything. My dad thinks our house might be bugged, whatever that means." Evelyn shuggered her shoulders.

"Were you heading somewhere Ryan?" Evelyn asked, Ryan shook his head, he let Evelyn inside as he shut the front door.

"Not anymore. Come on I have something to show you." Ryan took her hand, it gave him butterflies as he lead her up to his room.

The two teens went up to his room. Ryan let go of her hand and he went to fix something at his desk. Ryan put his glasses on as he focuses.

"You wear glasses?" Evelyn asked as she sat on his bed, she had no idea Ryan had glasses.

"Uh yeah I do, I just don't wear them all the time as you probably know now." Ryan moved a couple of items off the desk. "Ta-da!" Ryan showed Evelyn his lastest invention.

"Wow." Evelyn said, impressed. "What is it?" She asked, eager to know more.

"Well you know how Spiderman shoots webs in the comics?" Ryan asked as he shut the door, Evelyn nodded her head.

"His webs made people stuck and unable to move and I thought "If only we had Spiderman in real life then maybe we could capture that monster that we saw." Ryan explained. "And I took it upon myself to make something close to actual web fluid, I mean we can't shoot it by ourselves but if we had a can to put it in then it might work."

"A can, like for bug spray?" Evelyn asked, Ryan nodded. "That would work but I never tested this out before."

"Then let's do that." Evelyn suggested.

The two teens went downstairs and was about to go outside when the phone began to ring, Ryan picked up the phone.

"Hello?" Ryan spoke into the phone.

Evelyn stood there beside him admiring the house (A/N: you really wish she was admiring Ryan huh) the photos of Ryan and Dustin from all over the years, Evelyn smiled lightly, she wished she has family photos like this.

Ryan got off the phone. "I'm assuming that you already know the play is canceled."

Evelyn nodded at his words. "Come on, let's use this." Evelyn was about go out the front door when the phone began to ring again, Evelyn huffed as Ryan got it again.

"Hello?" Ryan spoke into the phone once more. "Wait what? Jonathan? We'll be there soon." Ryan hung up the phone.

"What is it?" Evelyn asked.

"Jonathan, he got arrested for assaulting a police officer, Nancy is with him at the station." Ryan explained as they left the house.

"Ryan? Where are you going?" Claudia asked her eldest son.

"Uh the" Ryan looked at Evelyn for an answer, when an idea popped into her head.

"The supermarket." Evelyn lied, Claudia nodded, believing the lie.

"Be sure to buy some eggs Ryan!" Claudia told her son, He nodded.

The two teens continued their conversation from earlier.

"Jonathan wouldn't do that, would he?" Ryan shook his head at Evelyn's question.

"He had a fight with Steve before the arrest." Ryan started his car with Evelyn in the passenger seat, they began to make their way to the police station.

(A/N: The play's canceled :( Feel Free to vote or comment :)