Pretend (but it's Wilbur POV)

I was just searching for Quackity, him having not gone to chase me out as usual. What could he be doing? What could possibly be more important than dealing with me? I huffed as I trotted around his office building, taking in the beautiful architecture. Shame if this were all blown up. Not that I'd want to, of course.

Sobs were heard, from behind the door labeled in gold, the second I walked past. Curious, and also quite worried, I twisted the doorknob, gently as possible, so as not to announce my presence, as he would surely kick me out.

He sat there, on his office chair, looking more miserable than I'd ever seen him. His face cradled between his knees, his arms wrapping around them, his golden wings folded around his body, and the small shimmer of his teardrops told me he was crying.

For a second I though it was all a ruse. No way that was Quackity, who always seemed so superior in his grounds, always establishing his dominance, giving his wings a flash every now and then, just to show off how they glisten in the hot Las Nevadas sun, and always that haughty expression, even during the elections. I've never met this Quackity, never seen him nor known him. This Quackity seemed so weak, like an actual duckling, sobbing so quietly I'm suddenly grateful my hearing isn't bad, his wings not glimmering at all, instead looking ever so dull, and hiding his face.

I couldn't take seeing this. What happened to the Quackity I knew, my Quackity? My face must have shone with worry as I tip-toed behind him, took off my coat and placed it on him.

He turned, his eyes wet from the tears, red from the crying. Without even thinking, I gathered him in my arms, hushed him and wiped his tears away. He seemed kinda reluctant at first. I don't blame him. I was, technically, his rival, after all. But then he softened, dug his head into my sweater, and continued crying, his wails louder now, making his words a bit clearer, his tears staining my sweater.

I didn't care about that now. The sudden change in treatment I knew all too well: when Slime was still here he would treat us like them too, and this was the exact same, just without Slime. Even so, I pulled him closer, his body heat warming my cold body.

It doesn't matter what he's saying about those damned fiancés of his (might I add who don't deserve him?); so long as he's here in my arms, and I'm here for him, that's enough, and will always be enough.

------------------------------443 words
The one word difference lmfaoo

oh nvm