national floofer appreciation day !

"Unknown, I don't have all day, yknow?"

A small, petite cat taps her foot on what she could only assume to be a grass field. She was blindfolded with a white piece of cloth, although it was slightly transparent. She could make out vague silhouettes moving around her, which kept her on guard- as well as confused.

"What's going on anyway?" She questioned impatiently.

"Don't worry about it, Floof!" Unknown replied, laying her paws on the feline's shoulders. "Relax, can't you ever trust me?"

"As a matter of fact, I can't. I don't know why I let you drag me here in the first place- who knows, you might be planning to kill me!" Floof mocked. Unknown snickered, which caused a smirk to creep on the cat's face.

"Well since you want to know so bad, I guess I'll show you." Unknown whined, as she untied the knot she placed on the cloth. As it slowly lowered, allowing the sheriff to regain her vision, she saw a mouse, cat and rabbit before her. They were surrounded by a field of flowers of all sorts. Floofs eyes slightly widened, as she turned to the fox beside her for an explanation.

"Did you really forget what day it was?" Unknown said teasingly as she took Floofs hand and pulled her towards the others.

"Happy National Floofer Appreciation Day!" The group projected excitingly, as they all raised their paws in celebration. They all handed her a gift and said some words of appreciation. Floof sat there with a wide grin on her face, taking in everything that was going on, still processing most of it.

"Wow... I really can't believe this," Floof said, looking down at the gifts she grasped in her paws. "you guys are insane." she said as she chuckled a bit.

"Don't mention it." Unknown said softly as she opened her arms, implying a hug. Floof immediately wrapped her arms around the fox, squeezing and startling her a bit. Unknown waved her paw towards her and the rest of the group, allowing the others to join in. They all hugged as a group, and what was a few seconds felt like a comforting eternity.

"Alright! I'm feeling pretty energetic after all that- why don't we play a game?" Unknown abruptly exclaimed. "How about a game of tag? Cops and Robbers? Marco-Polo but on land?"

"Marco-Polo but on land, my favorite!" The mouse praised that certain choice as she shook her paws in fists beside her.

"I mean, this field is pretty big. That'd make for an interesting game." the black furred cat replied. The green furred rabbit nodded their head in approval.

"Great, I guess we know what we're playing. In that case... not it!" Unknown said as she bolted off into the field. The rest of the group in quick succession declared they're "not it" until the rabbit was last to say it. He murmured a silent "Dammit." and then proceeded to count.

The gang continued to play a few rounds of their game until they settled down and rested in the flower covered field, letting the vegetation engulf them as the sun started to set. It covered the sky with an orange-blue ombré as they chattered among themselves.