My chest starts to ache a little. An overwhelming feeling rushes through my body. To think that I have as much of an impact on her as she has on me? It does feel fucking awesome. Like I have some kind of superpowers.

Ridiculous. I know.

I can't help it, so I type and press send without a second thought.

–Me– God, I miss you! Is that crazy? You know what? Don't answer that. Just let me finish here, and I'll pick you up in an hour?

Chewing on my lower lip, I tap my fingers nervously on my wooden desk, waiting for her to reply.

And I don't have to wait long.

–Noelle– I miss you too! Like a lot... so get your bum over here! x

I've never completed the work schedule for my employees quicker. After receiving her text, I can't get out of here fast enough.

–Me– I'll be there in 10. Come outside; I'm going to take you somewhere special. x

Noelle

He's already waiting for me.

Dressed in all black, hair pushed back into a quiff, leaning on his shiny black car.

He looks... stunning. Mouthwatering. Utterly fuckable. My knees go weak, and my mind turns blank.

Mine. All mine. My inner cavewoman chants.

With a sexy smirk plastered onto his face, he casually pushes himself off the car and strolls over to me.

I still haven't moved a muscle.

Will I ever get used to him? Is he always going to have this effect on me?

In a rather swoon-worthy motion, he tilts me over and kisses me hello.

Yes, I could get used to this.

His strong arms pull me upright and then against his chest.

I'm so much smaller than him without wearing my high heels, so he lifts me up a little to have easier access to my mouth.

I should feel uncomfortable for being all over each other in public, but I couldn't care less.

I missed him so much.

His tongue glides over my lower lip and then forces itself into my mouth, swirling around my own. He kisses me roughly and with so much passion, arousing me so much I'm afraid I'll pass out any second.

I break away, gasping for air.

Holy shit.

I breathe heavily and take his face in my hands.

"Why does it feel like we haven't seen each other in a year?" I pant and chuckle lightly. I'm still pressed against his chest, my legs still dangling in the air. I peck his lips once again.

"That was quite a kiss. Imagine what's going to happen when we haven't seen each other for more than just a few days."

He softly lets go of me, and I wrap my arms around him.

"We'll probably get arrested," he jokes. Well, I think he's joking. I don't think he's far from the truth, though. I bet we wouldn't even be able to make it to his car in time.

"So, where are we going?" I ask him giddily.

"Well, there's this Italian restaurant not far from here. It's kind of small and not really popular. Maybe that's why I love it so much. Okay with that?" He shrugs his shoulders and looks a little uncertain, probably afraid I won't like his favorite place to eat.