Too excited?

"Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it with the handle of anxiety or the handle of faith."

All the color left Havord's face while Adam tightly gripped Havord's neck, cracking his wind pipe. The balding man pushed Adam back and hit him in the gut, he tried to. Adam reached for the leg Havord raised and pulled him along in the ground punching him full on the face. He picked up the gun lying beside the dark rusted wall and advanced towards Havord. With the fifth blow by the back of gun the balding man looked like a dead fish on the ground. Adam lifted his own body from the ground, wincing as he did so. He was covered with bruises from head to toe, with broken nose and black eye, cracked ribs, to the large cut in his lower abdomen.

With a last disgusted look Adam threw his leg in his gut.

"You really thought you could get away from me, Havord?" Adam spat at the bloodless body of man sprawled on the ground, aiming his gun on him.

"Please…" the man tried to speak but failed miserably in his attempt.

Adam barked a humorless laugh which could make any man pee his pants. Adam scoffed "Please? Do you hear yourself? You sound pathetic old man! " he squashed the broken wind pipe of the lying man with his feet, enjoying the feeling of being powerful like a predator. Havord's scream pierced through the dark alley and after a loud gunshot the trembling body of the old man stilled.

Wiping the running blood from his broken nose Adam stumbled on the foot of the dead man. I've to get away from here, he thought. The serene silence in the city, Boston, was unnerving and alarming at the same time. Due to recent events in the city, police and the gang have played hide and seek in the dark and Adam needn't to bee incautious and heedless about the reason. He could not risk to get caught when the gang was in bits.

He leaped to the side of the road, waiting for Andrew right according to their plan and few seconds later a cab stopped screeching its wheels. Adam didn't wait and straightaway climbed inside in the passenger seat. The cab drove right away and he laid his head back on the seat, controlling the thudding pain in his chest pulsating with each breath he took.

"You alright man?" Andrew asked from his left and Adam could only manage to nod.

"What are you doing?" George Collins barked from the back seat of the cab. For the minute he was watching the scene before his eyes, one second they were driving the next second cab pulled over to pick up a stranger. Not any stranger but a stranger beaten to pulp.

"Look I can explain!" Andrew tried to explain George what was happening, that picking up his gang leader was his duty, that he is no cab driver but a member from mafia. Adam was slumping in the passenger seat freakishly. He didn't give a damn about the man in the backseat yelling at Andrew and let him to negotiate with the man.

"Pull over! I said pull over now!" George shouted over the top of his lungs, "Don't you hear me? Pull over or I'll call the cops!" he demanded and by this time Fiona woke up from her sleeping slumber.

"Dad… what's happening?" Fiona squeezed her eyes to adjust with the darkness inside the cab, looking over at her father who was shouting and threatening the driver to call the police. George didn't notice Fiona and kept on yelling threats at Andrew. Adam's head jerked forward as he heard the female voice from behind which he had magnificently ignored before climbing in the cab. He has the sudden want to turn around and see the owner of the voice, not knowing why he had the itch to do so.

"You will do as I say or else I will call the cops!" Fiona was scared shitless, her heart was doing somersaults underneath her rib cage. A muffled cry escaped her lips as the driver suddenly stepped on the brakes. George held Fiona's wrist firmly and dragged her out of the cab, so did Andrew.