1 - The Infinite

Começar do início

There was once again screaming from behind me, I turned and Amber was far down the hall. I would've thought that her cryopod was in Cryo, but I guess not. "Did Damian's stupid ship design cause problems again, captain? Where is he anyway? Still sleeping, just his stupid computer not decide to wake him up?" God, she was annoying sometimes, not everything was his fault, right? Part off it is everyone's fault since they all have different job. She can't just keep blaming it all on Damian. Though it would be a thing that I wouldn't mind never blaming myself but always a person that could've been beside me, but he's gone now.

"Hello? Captain, are you there?" I must've spaced out thinking about it. "Yeah, yeah, just fix the thing, so more things don't go wrong." Amber opened the door, "Will do, captain, I'll be right back." She walked in and the door closed. I figured instead of standing, I would sit mostly in a corner and think because a leak might take a while to fix. I sat in the corner next to the door as I heard Amber fixing the leak. Where is Damian possibly floating off to? It could be anywhere, his decayed corpse could even at some time go flying into Earth. Would he even decay while just flying out there?

All of a sudden, the door opened to Cryo. She must've been done with her work. I waited for a second to maybe hear Amber say she was done or step out. No sound came from anywhere in there except for a faint buzz from the lights. I got up and peaked in the door, no one. "Leak in Cryo fixed," but no one was there that could've fixed it. Amber randomly appeared in front of me. "Fixed it, captain." "Great, hopefully no more shit will break." We stood there for a second in silence.

"Reactor overload in approximately 1 minute." Amber and I looked at each other. "Computer, you need to get Burt in there and fix it," I felt like it wouldn't work since it seemed like Damian and Amber had a hate, hate relationship. "Only the captain and head engineer can make orders. The head engineer has assigned you lifetime role of," Damian's voice came on over the speaker, "BITCHFACE. Therefore you may not make orders."

"Captain, you need to get Colin down here, so he can fix that." I looked at her, "Yeah, I was going to do that. Computer, get Colin down here and tell him to fix the Reactor." "Reviving Colin R. Tank" I stood there waiting for the screaming to stop, Amber looked confused as it happened, though. "It's normal, it's how you and Flower came to fix your things."

The door opened and Colin was there, giant wrench in hand. "Reactors fixed, captain," he nodded and walked back into the room and closed the door. Now everything should be fixed, but no one would know if something was broke unless the computer announced that something was. "Reactor stabilized," good, good. I started walking back to the main room, "Computer, revive all crew members." "Reviving crew." At least the ship wasn't in absolute peril.

"Computer, what is the status of the warp care?" There was no response for a second, "Warp core offline." "Offline, what do you mean offline?" "Warp core offline." "What do you-" "Offline." I paused, "What do you mean it's offline?!" "Warp core cannot be reached." God damn it, why does this stupid ship need to be so complicated? I rushed through into the hall to the warp core. I opened the door and there was a bright blue light coming from it, and whatever was in there was trying to pull me in. I closed the door before whatever that was could pull me in.

I heard a voice come from behind me, "Captain?" It sounded almost like Damian, I turned around. Nothing but shadows were behind me. Was I just hearing things? Possibly, that's actually the most logical answer to that situation. I walked down the hall and opened the door to the Reactor. Just Colin was in there just standing by the thing he was fixing when I first came on, "Captain," he nodded, "How's the trip been?" I didn't answer and just held a thumb up. He nodded and just stood there almost like he had no idea what to do anymore now that he was done fixing that thing.

I walked through to the Cryo just Amber was in there talking to someone else. So I continued into the hall I was going to try and find Kazoo, maybe they would know what was going on. Flower walked out of the ADS room, "Is that hell over yet?" I nodded, "Yeah, but have you seen Kazoo I just got to ask them something." They looked at me like I just asked the stupidest question one could, "Captain, I was in that room the whole time until just now do you think I've seen them?" Well of course they didn't look through the window like someone probably would to make sure all hell hasn't broke loose.

"Okay then, I'll keep looking for them," I walked away down the hall to the left of the ADS room. That's precisely where Kazoo was. Just down at the end of it about to go into wherever that door lead to, "Kazoo! I have a question!" I called. They turned and looked at me, "What do you need, captain? I have to check on the warp core. Apparently it's offline and I need to see what's wrong, captain." I knew almost exactly what was wrong I think that the warp core blew up and now whatever that thing is, is there.

"I saw what was there, but I don't know what it is, so that's what I was going to ask you about. I was going to ask what the hell it was." Kazoo looked at me like I was crazy or something, "Well, Captain," they chuckled, "Why in the hell didn't you start with that?" They pushed past me and ran down the hall, pushing past a few frogs, including Flower. I chased after them, so they could tell me what the hell that was.

I arrived in the hall that separates the warp core from the rest of the ship, Kazoo was at the end of it staring at whatever it was that took over the warp core. "Captain, I gotta tell ya, you are a real dumbass, but I mean, hey, don't take offence from that," they turned around to face me. "That there, captain," they pointed behind them, "is a wormhole, and that is how we got here, captain. Where ever here is... and I suggest never jumping into it, captain. You could, er, let's say bad things that you couldn't control could happen. Most possibly happen, like 99.9% sure all bad. Except for that one part, so I guess more of a 75% of all horrible things to happen, captain."

I stood there confused, 99.9% then a one thing 75% now I kind of want to know but of course at the same time not because of the possible bad things. "Now if you excuse me, captain, I will be trying to figure out how to just not with the wormhole." With that they walked past me and through the door behind me.

I walked into the main room and sat thinking about how to get out of the wormhole if we could... Damian! He said something about the hall! What was it... a bomb! Bombs! Oh, but what was it called? Protocol, protocols, even protocol? Event protocol? I turned to face the control panel and searched for something close to that. I ran my finger over the options, fire suppressor, that would've been helpful earlier, repair protocol, no that one probably wasn't it, Event Horizon Protocol, that sounded right. I tapped that option.

"Activating Event Horizon Protocol." The ship shook yet again, and it had gone dark for a moment. "Event Horizon Protocol successful."

Word Count: 3039