chapter twenty-seven.

Three days before Kuze Seiko's disappearance.

''''

It was a peaceful Saturday afternoon.

At least, it was.

Everyone was out and about, kept to themselves while they completed whatever needed to be done. Megumi was completing homework. Itadori was sleeping. Nobara was out shopping. Everyone had something to do.

Gojo and Seiko were in the former's apartment, just giving themselves time to unwind and relax. Seiko sat on his couch, mindlessly watching television. Gojo was in the shower since he had somehow managed to spill a blazing cup of coffee all over him. Seiko had watched him scream, and before she could offer him assistance, he was already jumping face-first into the freezing water in his shower. That left Seiko alone, though she didn't really mind.

Seiko had a lot to think about.

She knew her time was beginning to run out, and that made her anxious. Not scared, but anxious. She also knew it was bound to happen sometime soon, and that Seiko's time at Jujutsu Tech was short-lasted. This time, Seiko didn't know how long she'd be gone, nor did she really want to know.

Knowing that, Seiko had to leave (whether she had the choice to leave or not) without any regrets. She wanted to leave without guilt or remorse. But this time, Seiko had a strong feeling that she would come back permanently.

"What's got you so lost in thought?" called a soft voice. Gojo was walking towards her, clad in a fresh pair of sweatpants and a new long sleeve. A towel was in his hand and was being used to dry his dripping hair.

Seiko let out a long sigh. "Everything."

Gojo plopped down beside her. "Talk to me, Sei," he murmured and lowered the volume on the TV. "What's wrong?"

Seiko closed her eyes. "I don't think I have very many days left here," she said quietly. "Since the day I've stepped foot here, they've had eyes on me, even more so recently. You've noticed them, too."

"I have," he agreed. "They're much more obvious than before, that's for sure."

She was silent for a few moments. "I know that he plans to take me back," she said. "But I don't want to have any regrets when I leave. I don't want to leave anything unresolved."

He nodded in understanding. "I assume you're talking about Kamo?"

"Yeah," she replied. "I want to talk to him. I need to. I've left him for so long, Satoru," she whispered.

"Well, I guess you should give him a call then, hm?"

~*~

Noritoshi had always considered himself a coward.

He hated himself more than anything because of the fear that he always let win. He hated the way he would turn away when someone was in need of help. He hated the way he would kill so easily because of his desperation to have a home. He hated the way he was so helpless when his mother left him.

But most of all, he hated how he was a liar.

"If you're not there, Mom, then I won't become a jujutsu sorcerer!" a young Noritoshi cried.